Help with things to do in Boston

ian91

Hello ian91,

Having Relatives in Plymouth and visiting Boston many times I can tell you that there are numerous places and things to see in Boston. My advice would be to simply visit sites like Trip advisor and select from the many choices of things to see and do. I could tell you the highlights of the places I enjoy and also of the very few disappointments (One) I encountered. Not knowing your likes and dislikes, health condition(ie.. Those long walking tours) could quite possibly sway your choices and you may miss out on something you might otherwise enjoy. That being said, I suggest you visit as many websites as you wish and plan out as many places/things to see and do so that you can feel that sense of accomplishment in knowing you have made your visit to Boston as complete as you can.

On a finishing note, I will be leaving from Boston on Sept. 18 (The day you Board) having completed Brilliance Of The Seas Transatlantic Repositioning Cruise.  Maybe you can Wave to me as you board and I depart.  Best Wishes to you! :D 

Ok this one is easy for me...

1) Walk the Freedom trail

2) Go to the observation deck of the Prudential center

3) Take the subway to Cambridge (Visit Harvard University) and Harvard square, also Mt Auburn cemetery

4) Take the Boston Duck tour

5) Visit Quincy market and faneuil marketplace

6) Go check Boston common and Boston public garden

7) Most important, HAVE FUN ON YOUR CRUISE !!!!!

We spent a few days in Boston before a New England/Canada cruise and I agree with Michel 100%.  Walk the Freedom Trail; you could easily spend two days doing this depending on how long you stay at the various sites along the way.  Also, you need to go to a Red Sox game if you're a baseball fan or at least take a tour of the ballpark.

Ok this one is easy for me...

1) Walk the Freedom trail

2) Go to the observation deck of the Prudential center

3) Take the subway to Cambridge (Visit Harvard University) and Harvard square, also Mt Auburn cemetery

4) Take the Boston Duck tour

5) Visit Quincy market and faneuil marketplace

6) Go check Boston common and Boston public garden

7) Most important, HAVE FUN ON YOUR CRUISE !!!!!

Only things I would add is the JFK museum, and prime rib dinner at Durgin-Park.