It appears that Adventure of the Seas will likely be the only Royal Caribbean ship in Bayonne during the summer of 2020. The 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean sailings always depart on a Thursday, arrived in Bermuda on Saturday and then arrived in St. Maarten on a Monday. Adventure will have 9 night itineraries on: 05.21.20, 06.18.20, 07.02.20, 07.30.20, and 08.14.20…In between those sailings, Adventure will still offer 5 night Bermuda sailings.

However, I spoke with someone who is aboard Anthem right now and she said that she asked an officer aboard the ship what they thought, and they mentioned that they believe a Freedom Class ship will be sent to Bayonne in 2020. We may just have to wait until the week of December 10th to find out (when Royal officially released the Summer 2020 Itineraries)

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hmmm...Wonder where that leaves the Canada/NE sailings for 2020?

If Adventure were the only ship in town through the summer, then she'd have to cover the 5-night Bermuda and 9-night Eastern Caribbean sailings Anthem normally does during that time, which would mean no 6-night CA/NE trips alternating with 8-night Bahamas and Perfect Day.

If we do get a Freedom class ship (and based on another thread here, the betting is on Independence coming here from Galveston while that port gets an Oasis class ship), then I'd imagine it would take the place of Anthem so that Adventure could continue her CA/NE trips through the summer and go to those ports that she's better sized for.

6 hours ago, JLMoran said:

the betting is on Independence coming here from Galveston while that port gets an Oasis class ship), then I'd imagine it would take the place of Anthem so that Adventure could continue her CA/NE trips through the summer and go to those ports that she's better sized for.

I believe Liberty is in Galveston and she was at Cape Liberty back in 2015. Rumour has it she will be retuning to Cape Liberty for a brief stint in Anthem's absence.

9 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Probably not by summer 2020, which I believe is what OP was referring to.  Although that would be amazing if it was ready by then.

According to Wikipedia, the Quantum 5 Ship is to be released in 2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum-class_cruise_ship

6 hours ago, P.A. said:

I would like to know where the Anthem is during the summer months? I'm disappointed the Anthem is going to Europe. Would have like to seen it in the Caribbean.

I think Anthem is designed to the colder climate cruises on the whole but does do hot European sailings

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, rothschilda said:

I expected the new itineraries to be released today, but so far, still nothing!

I'm expecting the itineraries to show up first online later this evening and then become bookable tomorrow.  The official announcement usually comes a day later when it is technically available to the general public.

Just now, Matt said:

I'm expecting the itineraries to show up first online later this evening and then become bookable tomorrow.  The official announcement usually comes a day later when it is technically available to the general public.

Thanks for the heads-up Matt. I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm expecting to see Oasis in Bayonne for Summer of 2020!

@rothschilda  from your lips to God's ears.  I will be booking it if it goes to the Caribbean.  Did the NE cruise last yr., and we are more beach people.  I wonder how quick it will fill up because of course Oasis will be coming out dry dock in 2020 so the ship will be like new.  Or at least that is my recollection about her going into dry dock. 

Just now, Pima1988 said:

@rothschilda  from your lips to God's ears.  I will be booking it if it goes to the Caribbean.  Did the NE cruise last yr., and we are more beach people.  I wonder how quick it will fill up because of course Oasis will be coming out dry dock in 2020 so the ship will be like new.  Or at least that is my recollection about her going into dry dock. 

I believe the Oasis sailing will only be for 7 night trips to Florida/Bahamas. The 9 night Caribbean sailings will be with Adventure.

Right now the Adventure is 8 nights out of Bayonne for summer of 2019 to the Caribbean.  If they go to 9 nights than I would assume they would turn it to be a 5 day to NE.  Lady G the last time I looked did 9 nights NE and turned to a 5 day Caribbean.  

Anthem had to do a 5 night to NE last Sept because of a hurricane that was due to hit Bermuda.  She went to Portland and Halifax, thus it is doable to do a 5 night to NE..  

I really want a 7 night to Florida/Bahamas/CoCo Cay.  Caveat, not if it is to Cape Canaveral or Miami.  Key West on the other hand oh yes!

5 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

Right now the Adventure is 8 nights out of Bayonne for summer of 2019 to the Caribbean.  If they go to 9 nights than I would assume they would turn it to be a 5 day to NE.  Lady G the last time I looked did 9 nights NE and turned to a 5 day Caribbean.  

Anthem had to do a 5 night to NE last Sept because of a hurricane that was due to hit Bermuda.  She went to Portland and Halifax, thus it is doable to do a 5 night to NE..  

I really want a 7 night to Florida/Bahamas/CoCo Cay.  Caveat, not if it is to Cape Canaveral or Miami.  Key West on the other hand oh yes!

I did the 7 nt itinerary you mentioned this past July, but it was Cape Canaveral. Don't think they offer a Key West version!

Nothing against Cape Canaveral, just my hubby flew for the AF for 21 yrs. 2 of our friends eventually became astronauts.  It would be a great excursion if not for the military life we have lived.  Not trying to be show offy.  Just saying, it would be like anybody from NJ and seeing the Empire State building or Lady Liberty.  For many this is a 1x in a lifetime site, but if you live in NJ/NY/CT it is like oh, that's just the Statute of Liberty, can we now move onto getting a dirty dog from a street cart vendor or maybe hit up Chinatown or Little Italy?

For those not from the NY area.  A dirty dog is a hot dog.  The reason they are called dirty is because nobody knows the last time they changed the water they boil the hotdogs in.   

Now if there is an RCCL excursion to Tony Nelson and Jeannie's house at Coca Beach, I am all in!  

Sabrett is the best.  I prefer them more than Hebrew National. From where I am at in NJ we call all street cart hotdogs dirty dogs.  Thanks for the clarification. I guess it is kind of like saying porkroll in NJ.  Depends where you are from, is it porkroll or Taylor Ham?  

Not diverting this too far, but I am diverting it.  If you sail out of NY/NJ you need to get some Drake's products.  My favorite is Funny Bones.  Think a chocolate twinkie filled with PB and dipped in chocolate.  Or the tandykakes...a flat doughy cookie with either vanilla crème or pb crème dipped in chocolate.  Of course there are the Butterscotch Krimpets or Devil Dogs too.  Basically think of Drakes like Entenmann's or Hostess that you find at your local grocery store.  They are all individually wrapped.

I have lived all over this country and in other counties too while my hubby served.  God Bless my Mom bc she would fill her carry on with them and BAGELS and BIALIES too when she would come to visit.   There is nothing like them...we always said it was something in the water.  Oh and make sure you get a real slice of pizza.  I know Sorrento's  has changed their recipe, but until you hold a slice of NY/NJ pizza over a paper plate and try to stop it from bending while you fold it in half and let the grease drip onto the plate you have never experienced pizza.  

I see Sorrento's more like Sicilian pizza...doughy.  No problem with that.  I just like being a contortionist when I eat my pizza.  

Back on topic.  I know I will do Oasis out of Bayonne.  However, I also know if that is the route, we will more likely fly to Florida and do Symphony or Harmony.  

4 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

I really want a 7 night to Florida/Bahamas/CoCo Cay.

Unfortunately, that's impossible unless you're OK with only two ports. It's 2 days to get to Florida and 2 days to get back up north; with embarkation day counted as night 1, that leaves you just two port days on a 7-night trip. So if Oasis is coming to NJ she's going to have to do an 8- or 9-night trip south that alternates with a 5- or 6-night trip in the north. I went into this in more detail on the other thread about this topic.

I have no idea how this logically works out, but there is indeed a 7-night Oasis sailing from NJ to Port Canaveral, Perfect Day, and Nassau. And they also have an 8-night that has those ports plus Miami. And for both, they are somehow getting the ship all the way from NJ to Port Canaveral in just one sea day! She's going to be running all six engines and going flat-out to pull that one off!

I've never seen a southbound itinerary from NJ that got to FL using less than 2 sea days before this. Color me flabbergasted!

On 12/11/2018 at 5:35 PM, JLMoran said:

Unfortunately, that's impossible unless you're OK with only two ports. It's 2 days to get to Florida and 2 days to get back up north; with embarkation day counted as night 1, that leaves you just two port days on a 7-night trip. So if Oasis is coming to NJ she's going to have to do an 8- or 9-night trip south that alternates with a 5- or 6-night trip in the north. I went into this in more detail on the other thread about this topic.

I have no idea how this logically works out, but there is indeed a 7-night Oasis sailing from NJ to Port Canaveral, Perfect Day, and Nassau. And they also have an 8-night that has those ports plus Miami. And for both, they are somehow getting the ship all the way from NJ to Port Canaveral in just one sea day! She's going to be running all six engines and going flat-out to pull that one off!

I've never seen a southbound itinerary from NJ that got to FL using less than 2 sea days before this. Color me flabbergasted!

My Anthem sailing earlier this year had something similar:

Sat - Bayonne

Sun - Sea

Mon - Florida

Tue - CoCo Cay

Wed - Nassau

Thu - Sea

Fri - Sea

Sat - Bayonne

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compasses/anthem-of-the-seas/sat-2018-03-31-0000

The issue is that you don't get to Florida until noon.  So it's not really one sea day, it's 1.5 days down.

My Disney Magic cruise last year took 2 sea days to get down to Florida, but we docked very early in the morning in order to have a full day at Walt Disney World.  That cruise only had time for 2 ports (Florida and Castaway Cay).

On 12/11/2018 at 5:35 PM, JLMoran said:

I think it will be in Port Canaveral in the afternoon on the 3 cruise day. Anthem did that for 7 nights but I like 8 nights better. The faster it goes seems to make me seasick after get into the North Carolina coast. 

38 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Looking at possibly sailing on Anthem out of Bayonne this fall before she leaves(if she does).....5 day cruise to Bermuda.....

If you book the Oct 19 sailing (last one of the season), let me know. We're on that one, would be nice to once again meet someone from the blog!