Photo Package

brianastree

1 minute ago, KWofPerth said:

We just bought the photo package for $225 and got 147 photos (digital, not prints). All very high quality, so we're happy.

As well as onboard, every time we stepped onto one of the islands the photographers were there ready to take our photos so we took every opportunity to have our snaps taken.

We did this on the Oasis with the family.  We took every opportunity to get our pictures made and we were very happy with them all.

On 11/13/2018 at 6:43 AM, whitsmom said:

We did this on the Oasis with the family.  We took every opportunity to get our pictures made and we were very happy with them all.

We just purchased the 'All Photo' package for our Symphony sailing.  We usually take a LOT of photos with the ship's photographer as well as our own.  Typically, we're agonizing over how many to buy at the cruise end because they can be costly.  Trying to alleviate that this time around.  Buying the ALL package will likely work out great for us since we do like to take so many.  This way we won't have to choose.  Just get them ALL!!  I can't wait!

We're traveling with my in-laws in March under two separate accounts.  (Ie, they have a separate cabin and registration ID from ours.)  If we only buy one package to be primarily for my immediate family, will my in-laws be able to be photographed in some of our pictures when we're together and have them show up in my account?     

I think the photo packages are by room. Our kids are older and stay in separate rooms and we only see them in our package if they are in the photo with us. 

In regards to the overall pricing it seems very high so we rarely buy any photos. I suspect there are many people who feels the same. I assume the RCCL team has done the pricing analysis to show that the high prices make them more money but I still cannot help feeling that if they made the prices more reasonable that more people would buy and they would make more in volume. 

I run a lot of road races where photographers take pictures of runners. They used to have the same concept regarding prices where they charged a lot photos. The newer model seems to be let the runners have free access to digital versions of the photos at a quality level that is suitable for posting online (Facebook, Instagram etc) but not good enough for printing. They also typically include the company logo in the photo so that when people post the photos they are getting free advertising. I think this would be a big win for RCCL.

I personally find no value in the photos no matter how they are purchased.  I find it such an invasion of my vacation to pose for them,  I avoid at all costs.  my wife on the other hand thinks a few photos are worth it, so you can see that other than our agreement on cruising we are completely incompatible. ;)

@Expressman I was the same way, always begrudgingly stopped for photos on the formal nights, we were dressed up why not. Now we are Diamond and we get 1-2 free 8x10's on every cruise, so now I stop whenever we can because I don't want a free bad picture, which I usually take. At least this way she can pick the best bad picture of me, lol.