Getting a different MEI TA?

Pooch

10 minutes ago, Dude from Ghana said:

After contacting Annette with my TA issues she was quick to resolve my problem! Kudos to her not only for not only assigning me with an outstanding TA (Danette) but doing so in a timely fashion during a personal issue she was having! 

So glad you got it fixed. Also, love the username here @Dude from Ghana ?

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:55 AM, Pooch said:

I totally agree, the TA is not my personal slave.  But he indicated he was putting me on a list to be contacted when the 2020 Alaska sailings opened.  I found out here that they were open and had to contact him.  I asked for advise and he sent a link to RCCL's cruise information.  I asked for quotes for Aug & May, he gave me Aug without telling me May would save over $1000 and when I asked for a May quote, he gave me June. 

I asked him to check when the discounts would be available for a late February WDW trip.  Again, I found out through a Disney forum that some came out and again had to contact him.  Got 3-4 incorrect quotes before he got it right.

Now I only know this because I do my research too but what if I hadn't?  I don't think I can trust him to check for anything at this point. 

I wanted to use a TA because I know NOTHING about Alaska cruising and was looking for information beyond what RCCL provides.  If all he can do is reiterate what's on RCCLs website, not sure what I need him for?

I had a very similar experience using a travel agent in the past. It felt like they were getting paid for doing absolutely nothing and I didn't even get any onboard credit. All travel agents are definitely not created equal, so I would just keep on trying them until you find the right fit. The way I handle it is I always book the cruise on my own and then transfer them to the travel agent afterwards to receive some extra onboard credit. I got lucky on my most recent booking and think I found an agent I really like so now I will be using her moving forward. I am not sure if she will be checking for price drops or not because the initial deal I got on our next cruise was so low that none of the sales have come close. However she has been very helpful and always available same day for anything I needed to do and also got me some onboard credit as well so I have been really happy with her. In my limited experience using them I have found that I generally know more about Royal Caribbean than the average travel agent (Thanks to RC Blog) so for me it is more about getting extra onboard credit. Price checks are a bonus, but I don't really expect them unless you have a great agent. If you find one that checks for price drops, is knowledgeable, and provides great customer service hold on to them forever.

3 hours ago, Dude from Ghana said:

After contacting Annette with my TA issues she was quick to resolve my problem! Kudos to her not only for not only assigning me with an outstanding TA (Danette) but doing so in a timely fashion during a personal issue she was having! 

Annette paired me with Danette too for the Brilliance GC booking.  So far no complaints.  She's thorough and a pleasure to work with so far.