Alaska on Celebrity?

Pooch

Like Royal, Celebrity has a number of ships doing Alaska.  The bigger, newer ship tend to be out of Seattle offering round trips cruises.  Celebrity also has a roundtrip out of Vancouver that makes it up to the Hubbard Glacier (no equivalent Royal cruise does this itinerary).  Like Royal Celebrity also has one-way North/South cruises between Seward and Vancouver.

If I recall there are two classes of ships doing Alaska, Solstice class and Millennium class.  The Millennium is getting refreshed before the next Alaska season if I recall.   Solstice class is newer and a little larger.

I did a recap review of Millennium Southbound but I'm in the process of moving my photos to an external server so the pictures are missing at the moment.  I hope to fix that in a few weeks.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5211-alaska-recap-celebrity-millennium-june-2017

I am also trying to find info on Celebrity cruises to Alaska. We always use RCI but wanted to try her sister line for a change. We are planning for 2020. Can anyone  give me a quick lesson on which is better (northbound or southbound) and is Hubbard Glacier something we should make sure is on the itinerary?  I would greatly appreciate it.  Others are trying to advise us to try HAL so I'm getting a little overwhelmed.  

On 11/13/2018 at 2:56 PM, Noella said:

I am also trying to find info on Celebrity cruises to Alaska. We always use RCI but wanted to try her sister line for a change. We are planning for 2020. Can anyone  give me a quick lesson on which is better (northbound or southbound) and is Hubbard Glacier something we should make sure is on the itinerary?  I would greatly appreciate it.  Others are trying to advise us to try HAL so I'm getting a little overwhelmed.  

I have a personal bias towards Southbound because I like to start with the train ride from Anchorage to Seward.  It sets the tone for an awesome start and a great way to get to the ship.  I've not done a Northbound. 

Hubbard is a pretty impressive glacier and this year we saw some pretty nice calving.  

I've not tried HAL but I had a wonderful experience on the Celebrity Millennium.  She is getting refreshed before next year's Alaska season I think.  

11 hours ago, Pooch said:

Does Millenium do land/sea tours & when do they release 2020 itineraries?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-packages/vacation-packages/cruise-and-land-tours

Eclipse and Millennium

There are two flavors.  One that does a land portion in Alaska and the other does the land portion in Canada.

Not sure on 2020.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, Noella said:

Like @twangster we did the southbound on Radiance and the train ride was awesome.

While there is probably more we could at the ports on that cruise (Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Pointe/Hoonah, Ketchikan), I was looking at HAL as well. in 2019 they have a 14-day that includes Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak and Sitka - along with those from the RCCL. When the 2020 schedule was released Homer and Sitka were replaced by Valdez and an additional cruising day. Really wish RCCL would expand the list of Alaskan ports. In the meantime, I am still look at Alaska for 2020.....