Wearing Set Sail Pass?

SpchDctr

You only need the set sail pass to check in and maybe board the very first time.  Depending on the ship you will either be issued a Seapass or one will be on the door of your cabin.  The Sea Pass is a plastic credit card and is your official  ID / charge card for the entire journey.

Welcome to the forum!

Mostly just wanted to welcome you, but I will parrot CookingYo.  Your Set Sail will just get you on the ship and then you get your Sea Pass which is everything on the ship.  ID (you will need that and a photo ID to get on and off the ship at port), charging purchases on the ship, room key, etc.  You won't need your Set Sail paper after you get your Sea Pass.

Ditto, to everything everyone else has said, accept that on some of the Oasis class and Quantum class ships, your Set Sail pass is your charge card until you can get to you room and pick your cards up on the outside of your door, the rooms are not announced ready until 1-2pm, so if between the time you board and the rooms being ready, you want a drink at the bar then they will scan you Set Sail pass.

15 hours ago, tiny260 said:

your Set Sail pass is your charge card until you can get to you room and pick your cards up on the outside of your door

On my Anthem sailing a few weeks ago, we didn't even have to pull out the Set Sail pass to charge drinks or other items, at least at the Cafe Two70 coffee kiosk. Guy there was just writing down people's names and room numbers on a PostIt pad. Might have just been that his scanner was broken.

Just now, JLMoran said:

On my Anthem sailing a few weeks ago, we didn't even have to pull out the Set Sail pass to charge drinks or other items, at least at the Cafe Two70 coffee kiosk. Guy there was just writing down people's names and room numbers on a PostIt pad. Might have just been that his scanner was broken.

Cafe Latte-tudes' machine seemed to always be down during my sailing on Anthem.  It's a shame - I hate carrying cash around (onboard and anywhere else for that matter) and I always tip on the printed receipt.  There were a lot of times I couldn't do that on this sailing.  It was also interesting to note that they no longer print receipts as default.  I had to constantly ask the bartenders to print a receipt for me to sign.