Water too hot

H20

Greetings,

Returned on 11/4/18 from an 8 night sailing aboard Adventure of the Seas.

No cold water in shower the entire trip.  Maintenance visited four times the first night, nothing accomplished.

Second day, informed guest relations of the situation, sometime while we were out of  the cabin the entire shower faucet was replaced.

They did a nice job but still no cold water.

Even spoke with Captain about this after the "Captains talk" in the Imperial Lounge, still no cold water.

Eight nights of taking "sponge baths" from the sink was eight nights too many.

This was my 17th RC cruise, even booked another while on board, so if you are listening Royal Caribbean don't treat your customers this way. 

Just now, H20 said:

Greetings,

No cold water in shower the entire trip.  Maintenance visited four times the first night, nothing accomplished.

Second day, informed guest relations of the situation, sometime while we were out of  the cabin the entire shower faucet was replaced.

Even spoke with Captain about this after the "Captains talk" in the Imperial Lounge, still no cold water.

This was my 17th RC cruise, even booked another while on board, so if you are listening Royal Caribbean don't treat your customers this way. 

Just curious, why would you want cold water in the shower? You had hot water right? I’ve never heard of actually wanting cold water for a shower, was it really warm where you were and you wanted to cool down? Very interesting feedback that I’ve never heard from anyone before. Fingers crossed that there is no cold water on my cruise and that there is always nice hot water available. Thanks 

16 minutes ago, H20 said:

Greetings,

We had lukewarm water at best until day 7 when maintenance finally figured it out.  I’m not sure what they did, but we finally got hot showers.  Maybe you had all the hot and we had all the cold.

14 minutes ago, Sh2738 said:

Just curious, why would you want cold water in the shower? You had hot water right? I’ve never heard of actually wanting cold water for a shower, was it really warm where you were and you wanted to cool down? Very interesting feedback that I’ve never heard from anyone before. Fingers crossed that there is no cold water on my cruise and that there is always nice hot water available. Thanks 

This was second degree burn temperature water at full cold...when water was turned full hot, steam was coming out with the water.

1 minute ago, H20 said:

This was second degree burn temperature water at full cold...when water was turned full hot, steam was coming out with the water.

Huh, I have personally never ever heard of water actually being hot enough to burn on cruises or hotels or anything like that. Sometimes it’s too warm at a certain point for someone who might not have a good tolerance for hot water. If it was that hot that it actually gave you a burn, than that is very interesting indeed. In my experience I seem to have issues with water never being warm enough and just lukewarm at best which for me is not warm enough to really even take a good shower just barely tolerable to wash yourself. 

That at is a very unique situation indeed. 

On Symphony I had no cold water for about an hour on the last morning.  Sink and shower just had hot water, toilet had no water.  The hot water was hot, too uncomfortable to shower in but not to the scalding point.  They likely had a break somewhere they needed to fix so they had to shutdown the cold in my section briefly.  It happens.  However not for an entire cruise.  I would have been at guest services asking for a new cabin.  

On Freedom in October, the adjustment handle in the shower was very picky, it was either to hot or to cool, finely we found the right setting (Correct temperature for us) and left it, never had the problem the rest of the cruise.

Agree with @twangster I would have been at guest relations the whole cruise asking for a different cabin, my wife likes me, but a whole week of no real showers and she would have kicked me to the balcony to sleep.