Oasis verse Harmony

We sailed Harmony this past March and had a blast. Looking to book a YOLO cruise for this January and trying to decide what ship. Going with an Aunt and Uncle who have never cruised before. I’ve read up on the differences between these 2 ships, like no slides on Oasis, etc.  But wondering if I would be let down on Oasis after doing Harmony, or will it still be an amazing time with plenty to do? 

Everything in cruising is about setting the right expectations.  Beyond the slides, the entertainment is different.  A Champagne Bar where the Bionic Bar is on Harmony, a different Solarium layout.  Allure is one year newer, 2009 for Oasis vs. 2010 for Allure.

Symphony being a new ship carries a premium right now.  It's a great ship but if you need or want to save several hundred then Oasis can do that for you.  That's why I'm sailing Oasis in a couple of weeks.  

Any preference on departure ports? Canaveral easier or cheaper for you to leave out of instead of Miami? Also, your probably going to get more bang for the buck on Oasis if you are looking at booking Suite class. As others have said, Allure is a year newer but seems to have a completely different (better?) vibe then Oasis. 

My son and his family just cruised out of Port Canaveral last month on the Oasis and had a wonderful time.. They even booked their next cruise while on board to to the North East.. we are booked for the Harmony in Sept of 2019 to Coco Cay, St, Thomas and St, Martin...  From what i have seen both ships are very much alike.. Am I wrong on this? 

6 hours ago, hooked-on-cruising said:

My son and his family just cruised out of Port Canaveral last month on the Oasis and had a wonderful time.. They even booked their next cruise while on board to to the North East.. we are booked for the Harmony in Sept of 2019 to Coco Cay, St, Thomas and St, Martin...  From what i have seen both ships are very much alike.. Am I wrong on this? 

Not entirely wrong but certainly not right either. Yes, they are both Oasis Class ships but the Harmony has an abundance of options that Oasis does not have. The slides at the pool, different dining venues, the robotic bar in place of the champagne bar, solarium is different, almost 10 years newer, abyss slide in the rear, kids climbing pods next to Johnny rockets (kids go crazy for these pods). IMHO the Oasis is wonderful but quite dated at this point, the Harmony is new and fresh. 

3 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Oasis is wonderful but quite dated at this point, the Harmony is new and fresh. 

This to me (although superficial), is the main difference, other than the slides and a few restaurants.  If I took out all the other factors, I still prefer Harmony over Oasis just simply because of decor.