Liberty, Allure, Harmony or Symphony?

Joe01

It's me again. So I've been able to realistically narrow down the viable ships for next year. 

The options are: Liberty from Texas, Allure from FLL, Harmony from Canaveral or Symphony from Miami. There are other ships in the fleet that I would like to sail, but these are realistically the ships with the best fitting amenities, departure ports and itineraries.

I haven't sailed Freedom Class since 2012 and have been exclusively Oasis and Quantum Class since 2014. I have reservations about each and positives about each. Haven't sailed Liberty ever before, Symphony was this year, Harmony was also recent (2016/17). Allure wasn't as recent (2015), but still have sailed her.

Which one should I decide on?

Since you've sailed three of the four ships, how about Liberty?  We like trying ships we haven't been on before ones we have.  I have heard Galveston can be a pain to sail from, but haven't been there yet myself.  We sailed on Liberty in the mid-2000s somewhere and had a great time.  Give Freedom class a try! 

33 minutes ago, KathyC said:

Since you've sailed three of the four ships, how about Liberty?  We like trying ships we haven't been on before ones we have.  I have heard Galveston can be a pain to sail from, but haven't been there yet myself.  We sailed on Liberty in the mid-2000s somewhere and had a great time.  Give Freedom class a try! 

Been on the Indy and loved it. My main worry about Liberty is that the overall product on Freedom Class just won't match the experiences we've had on the 4 Oasis sisters.

26 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Been on the Indy and loved it. My main worry about Liberty is that the overall product on Freedom Class just won't match the experiences we've had on the 4 Oasis sisters.

As long as you go in with the realization that it won't be the same, I think you'll be fine.  You know what not to expect.  Are you traveling with children that need those experiences you get on the larger ships?

3 minutes ago, KathyC said:

As long as you go in with the realization that it won't be the same, I think you'll be fine.  You know what not to expect.  Are you traveling with children that need those experiences you get on the larger ships?

A 15 year old will be with us, but I am in the under 25 club as well.

Just now, Joe01 said:

A 15 year old will be with us, but I am in the under 25 club as well.

Well if you loved Indy, who's to say you won't love Liberty?  But going in knowing the differences will help a lot.  Make it a point to not compare and enjoy what's there for you. 

Or just go back to the ships you know have everything you want and take it off the list. That leaves you with still a bunch of amazing choices!