Star Class Set Sail Pass

tiny260

@Lovetocruise2002 I'm way behind on my reading, so someone may have already posted this, but here is the new paper/printed set sail pass for Star Class on Allure, my January 2019 cruise.

As an FYI, when I first printed the set sail pass it didn't look like this and didn't say Star Class on it, the new APP has my set sail pass on my iPhone did look like this, so before I saw this I assumed I would just use my phone for faster check in but was concerned after reading @twangster post about not having cell reception when he needed it, I decided to print again.

I will also be going out of the new terminal in Miami, so I will hopefully have updates on the terminal and Star Class check in.

Capture1.png

Thanks.  That is very similar to my printed version except no Star Class here (on Independence).  Under Suite, mine says "Suite" (in a JS), however the online version does not list or give the option of a Suite.  I should try using it and see if they try to stop me from using the suite line.

The App has the wrong C&A level but both the online and printed versions have the correct C&A status.  

I'm a little concerned because we found out on Freedom that Royal ship IT uses email address security, on Liberty in July we got our email from the concierge no problem, right at 2 weeks, on Freedom in October, I never got one, went to the concierge lounge and was asking the Concierge a question and her response was that should have been in your email, I said I never received one, she opened her sent folder and the email, and sure enough my address was on the distribution, she said the ship IT department had put limits on what "was" a legitimate email address and what wasn't.

That is why I'm tracking the weeks, so if I don't get any emails I can contact them with a different email address.

21 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I'm a little concerned because we found out on Freedom that Royal ship IT uses email address security, on Liberty in July we got our email from the concierge no problem, right at 2 weeks, on Freedom in October, I never got one, went to the concierge lounge and was asking the Concierge a question and her response was that should have been in your email, I said I never received one, she opened her sent folder and the email, and sure enough my address was on the distribution, she said the ship IT department had put limits on what "was" a legitimate email address and what wasn't.

That is why I'm tracking the weeks, so if I don't get any emails I can contact them with a different email address.

Or email the Allure concierge and ask them to get in touch with whoever your Genie might be.....

I'm part of @CGTLH's party...and an actual email from the Genie came on October 20.  Our sailing is November 17, so just about a month out.  I believe the survey came before that.

Funny thing is two of the members of our party got the October 20 email and two got the email on October 21.  We are all on the same booking number and in the same room.

Interesting new set sail pass.  I have been reading a lot of variations for SSP's lately.  

The ones for our upcoming NAV Thanksgiving and Grandeur Christmas/New Year's cruise looks very much like yours above.  They just says "Suite".  It's too far out yet for my next Star Class (Feb 15 - 98 days away) so I don't know what that one is going to look like.  

Regarding the emails from the Genie...it seems to me like the questionnaire comes out fairly far ahead.  I think you should be getting that in the next few weeks..but the questionnaire does not come from the Genie.  The first comm you will get from the Genie is at about 4 weeks where they will give you a link to an app called "Loop" which is pretty useless, in reality.  But at that time, whether you use email or Loop, you will start to get specific questions answered and plans made.  That's when the excitement really starts !  Once you get on board, you will get a phone number for your Genie which is by far the fastest and easiest way to contact them.

Honestly, if you do not get the questionnaire, I would not worry about that in the least.  It's stupid and useless, IMO.  Then if you do not hear anything from your Genie by week 4, then I would probably use Sabrina's suggestion and contact the Concierge and have them ask the Genie if they have your correct email address.  I have now been on 4 Star Class cruises and I have never had the Genie fail to contact me right on time.

What stateroom are in on Allure ?  We were in 1718 and it was incredible.  I loved the Aqua Theater Suites (the previous 3) but being on 17 was so much more convenient.  We had Charlie as our Genie on Allure. He was the best Genie we've had and I loved him.  I know you'll get someone GREAT.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Funny thing is two of the members of our party got the October 20 email and two got the email on October 21.

That is because someone provided the appropriate email addresses the Genie... Some reason the initial email didn't include the other two email addresses but were mentioned in the email.

12 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

@WAAAYTOOO , Star Suite 1718 on Allure, from what i read people seem to like it a lot more than 1720.

I feel like 1720 gets way more coverage, never was sure why?  Perhaps it's the layout.  1718 reminds me of a super size CLS whereas 1720 has a completely different layout, almost seems more spacious.  I however, prefer 1718 because the balcony is more private.

16 hours ago, tiny260 said:

@WAAAYTOOO , Star Suite 1718 on Allure, from what i read people seem to like it a lot more than 1720.

I have been in both 1718 and 1720 (although we didn't stay in 1720....just visited).

1720 definitely seems a little bigger and the balcony is DEFINITELY bigger but it also faces aft and your view is of the basketball court and the putt-putt golf.  Sabrina, you are right.  Both of these suites are really just bigger Crown Loft Suite but that's fine with me.  In 1720, the balcony is 90 degrees to the bedroom and living area while 1718 the balcony simply extends directly in front of the bedroom and living area but I prefer the ocean view to the view off the aft.  Trust me, the balcony on 1718 is plenty big !  There is a nice, big table and chairs out there and plenty of room for dining on the balcony and lounge chairs and tables.

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have been in both 1718 and 1720 (although we didn't stay in 1720....just visited).

1720 definitely seems a little bigger and the balcony is DEFINITELY bigger but it also faces aft and your view is of the basketball court and the putt-putt golf.  Sabrina, you are right.  Both of these suites are really just bigger Crown Loft Suite but that's fine with me.  In 1720, the balcony is 90 degrees to the bedroom and living area while 1718 the balcony simply extends directly in front of the bedroom and living area but I prefer the ocean view to the view off the aft.  Trust me, the balcony on 1718 is plenty big !  There is a nice, big table and chairs out there and plenty of room for dining on the balcony and lounge chairs and tables.

I think that is what sold me, I would rather look out at the ocean, then the mini golf course.