Black Friday

Mikeb1892

When I repriced my cruise last week with this latest Nov special, the RCI guy said, make sure you check back for our Black Friday deals as well. So he seemed to think there'd be some sort of sale in a few weeks.  Not sure whether or not he'd be the best source of information for saving money or not.

10 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Do excursions go on sale?  If so, is it easy to cancel an existing booking and get the lower Black Friday price ?

Yes, excursions frequently go on sale and are very easy to cancel and re-book. Sometimes you'll catch a sale price without even having an official sale going on. It definitely pays to check prices at least once a week.

21 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Do excursions go on sale?  If so, is it easy to cancel an existing booking and get the lower Black Friday price ?

I booked all my excursions and my drink package last year on the Black Friday sale. I booked my cruise 14 months out and for my cruise Black Friday was the best discounts.

23 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I know Royal wont have their cruises on sale(never really do)...but what about through 3rd party sites I wonder? I am guessing that those tend to have more Black Friday sales or promos O would think?

Anyone with any experience?

I have been told multiple times by multiple travel agencies that Royal specifically does not allow them to discount the cruise fare ... you should NEVER be able to find a fare cheaper than through Royal itself. What they are allowed to do is offer perks to you such as OBC, drink packages, specialty dinners, etc. that they basically fund out of their commissions from Royal. With that in mind I am sure there will be Black Friday promos around "addons" but probably not a cheaper base cruise fare.