Ultimate Drink Package Sale

TOMMYP

2 minutes ago, TOMMYP said:

I am sailing on the Symphony of the Seas October 2019. I see the Ultimate Drink Package is currently going for $52/Day on the Cruise Planner...

Does it ever go lower? If, so, what is the cheapest you have seen? and when do you think it will go on sale again?

Thank you!

Yea I am interested in this too. I am going on Symphony too just a month after you. So I’m interested in any deals as well. I’ve heard that maybe Black Friday. But curious if it should already be purchased now and then canceled and repurchased later if the price drops. So any tips would be appreciated. Thanks. ?

I've seen with my 2019 sailings have seen a much higher deluxe package cost than 2018.  I think RC raised the onboard price for 2019 so I'm not sure if the same sales will apply.  $52 is actually pretty good for 2019 prices.  My March 2019 currently shows it at $59 and May 2019 for $63.  You could buy it now and then if it goes lower, cancel and rebook it.  Cheapest I've seen recently is in the $42-$47 range but those were for 2018 cruises.  You are on Symphony so I wouldn't expect the cheapest price.  

In the past, we have seen decent sales for Black Friday.  However, it could also go up.  Its very easy to cancel and rebook if it is cheaper later.

15 hours ago, Kim W said:

Does RCI have a drink of the day and is that covered under the deluxe package? Also, are frozen cocktails covered under the deluxe package? 

The drink of the day is covered just make sure its not in a souvenir cup, those cups aren't covered. I found out the hard way, but I don't mind having drinks in a flashy light up cup at home sometimes ?

52 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Another question about this - the cost is whatever it is per day.  Does that include disembarkation day? I recall from previous cruises being off the ship pretty damned early, so it really doesn't make sense if you pay $50 (or whatever) for the last day. 

Cruises are based on nights.  A seven night cruise actually has eight days.  You embark on day one and debark on day eight. 

Drink packages are purchased based on the number of nights.  

We are cruising on Liberty in May.  Our Drink package is currently at $50pp/pd.  I am waiting to see what Black Friday has to offer.  I was also considering getting the Ultimate Drink Package with Voom for $59pp/pd.  The kicker is I am waiting to see where the prices for The Key level out at.  When it was first announced it was $24.99pp/pd but today they dropped it to $19.99pp/pd.  This includes Voom.  So I think I will be taxing the Credit Card a bit on Black Friday.

If you have an upcoming cruise or cruises, always make your purchases for things like drink packages and internet packages on black friday or cyber monday.  The odds are that those are the best the prices will get.  You really have nothing to lose, if you ever see it cheaper after you have purchased it already, you can cancel and re-buy it online directly in the cruise planner, no need to call anyone to cancel.  Your refund for the cancelled purchase will take a few days to show up on your card and the new purchase will be charged immediately, but that is the only "issue", if you can even call it that.

$42 a day is the cheapest I have seen a drink package, but I think those days are gone for 2019 cruises.  Anything in the forties is a steal, and low fifties is not bad either.  

It is not in Royals best interest to sell me a drink package at $42 a day, I can tell you that!