How is it cruising solo?

Joe01

Thanks for posting this question! I have been on 3 cruises with my family and seriously thinking of doing 1 solo next year. I just started travelling

solo 5 years ago, (I am single) and I love it! 32 days till our family cruise on Navigator of the Seas and I think I will join any solo meet n greet events on the ship,  just to chat and get their feedback. etc

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

Do both AN and ID have them?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

And by all accounts, the savings typically aren't that much vs. paying the single supplement fee.

I'm pinging @ellcee, who stayed in a studio cabin on Anthem, so we can get her input on that part. How did you find the studio pricing, worth it vs. just booking a regular inside and getting the extra space and double points that would come with it?

15 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I'm pinging @ellcee, who stayed in a studio cabin on Anthem, so we can get her input on that part. How did you find the studio pricing, worth it vs. just booking a regular inside and getting the extra space and double points that would come with it?

I've stayed in studio cabins on Harmony and Anthem. The rooms were similar and 100% what I needed. It's still quite expensive, in my opinion but cheaper than a regular room. You're most definitely (unless you're getting so crazy deal) paying more than you would if you shared a room. Extra space...for what? It's just me and there are plenty of storage spaces for my needs. The bathrooms are still the same size.  Points are great and all but I'm not paying for points, I'm paying for my experience. I will likely never hit Diamond Plus or whatever, that's not my focus. Also, you need to book as soon as possible, these rooms fill up quickly.

I loved cruising solo. I'm used to traveling solo for work but solo cruising is great. I'm not "quite young" and loved not having to take anyone else's opinion for my day to day. I also really love traveling with people. I just want to be on vacation so whatever it takes.