ALASKA 2020 IS OUT!!!

jce2

RC site doesn't show it yet but i was able to call and book it this morning.  I called and got a very helpful RC rep.  He said he wouldn't expect 2020 to be out until Dec-Mar.  I told him I had heard RC had announced "week of November 5".  He checked and Yes! He was almost as excited as i to announce he could book it.  I don't know the full rotation but i can tell you June 19-26, 2020 is the standard south-bound route.  I did wind up paying a bit more than 2019 rates (to be expected) but got exactly what i wanted including the aft corner on deck 8.  Alaska here i come!!

I'm so glad I checked this message board earlier today!  My wife and I just got off the phone with a Royal Caribbean booking agent - we snagged a Grand Suite on the May 22nd 2020 southbound Alaska sailing!  We love going early in the season to get the coldest possible weather (and its a little cheaper).  As Floridians, cold weather is a novelty for us so we enjoy it when we can.

This will be our third time on the Radiance, we absolutely LOVE that ship.  We were on its sister ship, the Serenade, last month out of Boston and it was nice to be on a familiar ship.  We are already booked on a round trip Alaska cruise out of Seattle for next year on the Ovation, so we get a different glacier and a few other stops.  

Now the LONG wait begins......  Pssssst.  Is it 2020 yet???  

11 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Want to swap houses from December through about late February? You haven't lived until you've spent 3 weeks in the middle of a polar vortex, my friend! ?<span>

Only if you want to live in Hades June through September.  Its a humid swamp..... Just never ending heat!!   But Alaska is refreshing and I can't wait to go!  ?

23 hours ago, Matt said:

I really wanted to go on the first sailing of the season too, but kids are still in school. We're going 2 weeks later.

That is too bad - the cost goes up about $400 per person for a Grand Suite by mid June.  Our two previous Alaska cruises were both the first Southbound cruise of the season.  That same room is $1,000 more per person mid July and they will miss the cooler temps we love so much.  

One question - do you like the changes they have made to Icy Straight?  My wife and I do love the fact they built a pier and we don't have to tender anymore, but the added a bunch of shopping and "touristy" stuff.  We really enjoyed that first trip back in 2013 before all the construction there, we took a long walk through the primordial rain forest and it was so quiet and peaceful.  Now its turning into a tourist trap.  Sad to see.......