How do we know?

JennyB

I have cruised twice before and honestly don't really know the answer to this question.

How do we know what food/drink/dining is included in our cruise fare?  I do know that Chops Grille, Sabra, Izumi, are NOT included and that Windjammer and the Main Dining Room ARE...but how do we know what else is?  How do we know what we can just walk in and get?  Like for lunch/snacks/etc. 

Sorry if this is a silly question...

Specifically: we are cruising on the Independence 12/6/2018-12/10/2018

35 minutes ago, Jennifer.Bogue said:

How do we know what food/drink/dining is included in our cruise fare

Hello Jennifer,

Welcome to the message boards! Feel free to ask away with any question you want, there is a wealth of knowledge here that seasoned Royal cruisers are willing to share. Here's a link that will answer most of your food questions: https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=414&pgtype=dining. Soft drinks, water, milk are complimentary in the dining rooms. Johnny Rockets has complimentary breakfast and alcoholic drinks you will have to pay for . If you log into your online account go to the cruise planner page and you will see a "beverage" heading. Select that and scroll down for the various alcoholic & non-alcoholic packages. Due the same for "dining" and you can see both the complimentary restaurants and those you have to pay. Enjoy your cruise, it's right around the corner! :27_sunglasses:

Also there will be a cruise planner brochure left in your room every evening telling you the activities for the next day.   Look under dining section,  and like SPS said there will be dollar signs next to the venue that will have a charge.  No dollar signs would indicate a free experience.   Good luck on your cruise.

Thanks everyone...I was also thinking specifically about the "other" restaurants on board (like Sorrento's, etc.)...We were surprised that it was "free" on our last cruise...It's things like that that we just didn't know or realize...and were wondering about others...I've check the links you've sent and those help.

2 hours ago, Susie said:

So I can get breakfast at Johnny Rockets? and I can get a milkshake at Johnny Rockets if I got refreshment drink package? Can anyone confirm it? I will be on Anthem in 11 days.

JR is a breakfast option only on Oasis. And the milkshakes are indeed covered by the refreshment package, although the stated rule is that you need to buy some food as well for it to be covered. That said, some here have reported that staff in JR on their ship didn't enforce that last part, and just let folks buy a milkshake on their package with nothing else.

23 hours ago, MikeK said:

Also there will be a cruise planner brochure left in your room every evening telling you the activities for the next day. 

that's some of my "issue"...i am a planner...not a "fly by the seat of my pants" person...i need the plan to be able to truly relax on the cruise... LOL