cuba increasing ships size capability?

I saw this article about virgin voyages will be going to Cuba in 2020, it doesn't say where exactly in Cuba but stated Cuba.

Scarlet lady is 110GT, I cant see the length but I guess around 300m

I'm just looking at the radiance class ships are 90 GT with a length of 292m

https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/cruises/virgin-voyages-scarlet-ladys-first-13522033

This makes me think maybe a bigger vessel maybe a vision class or radiance class will soon be calling at Cuba.

I've got a note to research this as Matt and I were discussing this when the announcement came out.  There have been plans for extensive work to be done in the harbor in Havana including dredging, new facilities, and the movement of some of the cargo and tanker operations to the other side of the harbor so that side where cruise ships dock now is completely used for passenger vessels.  I don't know the status of this project to be honest.  What I can tell you is that a year from now, Carnival Sunshine is set to call on Havana, and she is about 103k GT with a capacity of over 3k pax.  That's more passengers (though a slightly smaller ship) than Scarlet Lady.  Havana can handle Panamax cargo vessels, but as best as I can tell, the current restriction is largely based on the cruise berths only being able to accommodate ships with a draft of around 29 feet, and the length is an issue as well - as they've already extended terminal 1 (possibly others?) to tie larger vessels.  A ship of 900+ feet in length won't likely be accommodated there for several reasons (secure berthing, turning radius, obstruction of the channel, etc).  

In conclusion - possible changes to the port and harbor, or perhaps just tendering.  Time for me to buy an updated nautical chart for Puerto Habana.

And let me tell you..even when they do announce that they will be doing work to make it so they can accommodate larger ships..it will be years.

I have spent a lot of time in Cuba...and its the "island" way of life....building one resort there is a 3-4 year project.......nothing happens quickly or on time......