Parking at Port of Miami

RRoman7

Our family is on the Mariner departing Miami on Nov. 19th.  We will be driving from West Palm Beach on the morning of the cruise and plan to park at the parking lot at the port.  Are there usually any issues finding parking spots?  Someone just told one of our traveling companions that it's a mess but I'm not really sure if they've actually experienced it themselves.  We would be arriving at around 11am or possibly a little earlier.  TIA!

14 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

You will be departing and returning to the new terminal A.  The parking garage looks to be very convenient as it is directly adjacent to the terminal building and directly above the drop off area.

That's excellent news.  My FIL is having some medical issues right now so anything that makes our check in a little easier, will be great!  

While I hate parking at ports in general (I live in Boca but usually Uber to PortMiami and PortEverglades) I've never seen an issue with regard to a lack of spaces.

You can drop off your family (and the bags) right in front of the terminal and then park.  This may make things a bit easier.  Each garage also has a number of disabled parking spaces.

Just now, monorailmedic said:

While I hate parking at ports in general (I live in Boca but usually Uber to PortMiami and PortEverglades) I've never seen an issue with regard to a lack of spaces.

You can drop off your family (and the bags) right in front of the terminal and then park.  This may make things a bit easier.  Each garage also has a number of disabled parking spaces.

I think that's what we will plan to do.  In fact, I will probably stay with my in-laws and all of the bags and have my husband park the car.  This way I can keep an eye on them! ?  

8 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

Here is a pic of the Mariner docked at Terminal A.  You can see how close the garage is to the terminal.  From the pictures I've seen it appears the bag drop area is underneath the garage beside the terminal building.

Capture.thumb.jpg.332935636de4342d174b6e31ebec8238.jpg

Thank you!  So helpful.  Can't wait!

Not Royal related..but parking at port of Miami related...

I MAY be booking a NCL last min cheap cruise and will be renting a car as flying into TPA.......does each cruise line have their own parking garage or what would ppl recommend for parking down there.

Believe you me....I am NOT looking forward to trying to navigate down around the port with all the traffic and construction going on....:60_sweat:

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, Brobbins246 said:

I haven't seen any height restrictions for Terminal A, but I know if your vehicle is over 20' long, your parking rate is double what it normally is.

Thanks!

I have a minivan with a rooftop carrier; total height is just under 84".  It's nice to have the extra room inside the vehicle for the trip down, but not if I can do without it if it won't fit in the parking garage. 

Doesn't appear to be updated for the new parking garage but the port's website has the first floor height requirements for the other garages.

Looks like 8'2" is the lowest clearance for first floor, but the other floors are only 6'8" - 6'11" (depending on garage).  There is a surface lot for oversized vehicles, but I'm sure it's not immediately adjacent to Terminal A like the garage would be.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
8 hours ago, engineer said:

Does anyone knows if you need to drop the bags first or if you can go up the ramp to park and drop the bags there.

Thanks

If you go up the ramp and park, you will have to take all your luggage with you to the ground floor.   Porters will be there to receive your checked luggage.

This is just my opinion.  It would be more convenient to drop off your luggage first, then go up the ramp and park.

This might help:

We have parked at the terminal several times and it was $22.50 per day.  However Terminal  A parking is reportedly $25 per day.  Currently on the Oasis and we parked with Global Airport Parking at 250 SE 3rd Ave, Miami just off of Biscayne Blvd.  Cost $8 per day including shuttle.  3.4 miles from terminal.  Others on shuttle were very satisfied repeat customers.