Belize City & Costa Maya

WHStoneman

We took Rhapsody to those locations in 2017.

In Belize, we bused inland for the Jaguar Paw Cave Tubing excursion and had a great time. The excursion inner-tubed us on a guided tour through the Jaguar Paw Caves and the views were amazing. Fantastic rock formations, stalagmites, and even waterfalls followed by a very tasty lunch of jerk style chicken.

In Costa Maya, we took a combo Snorkeling and Beach Day excursion at a nearby resort. Waters were rough that day, but, the underwater views were great followed by a few hours of beach time including lounge chairs and an open bar. The only thing extra we had to pay for was lunch, which was delicious!

Both of these were available through the Cruise Planner.

23 hours ago, WHStoneman said:

My spouse and I are traveling Christmas, 2018 via Rhapsody of the Seas.   Since we have never been to Costa Maya, we are looking for suggestions.   We have been to Belize City  but also are looking suggestions other than the "ruins" excursions...already done that.   TIA!!

Just double checking that y'all HAVE been to the Lamanai ruins in Belize?  I'm about to go my THIRD TIME!

Costa Maya- Have done Maya Chan and the Tropicante in Mahahaul along the Malecon.  Maya Chan is a very laid back all-inclusive day trip.  Beach, chairs, some water toys, drinks, food, transportation...all included.  Great for wanting to get away from it all.  We had a great time there.  Malecon/Tropicante.....Getting to the Malecon is a short taxi ride and it's like along the "strip."  Lots of restaurants, stores, shops, etc along the Malecon.  Steve at the Tropicante will take a reservation for your party for chairs/tables/etc provide you purchase drinks/food from the Tropicante which is EXCELLENT.  

Either place is a good time just a little bit different atmosphere.  

One thing about Costa Maya and both places above....seagrass CAN be an issue and you never know until you get there.  The times I have been there....it's been perfect.  But Ive seen pictures of it covering the beach many times...JFYI.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:18 AM, SPS said:

In Belize, we bused inland for the Jaguar Paw Cave Tubing excursion and had a great time.

We have decided the same for Belize.  None of the excursions set us wild on Costa Maya so we decided to do the beach thing for the day.  Booked Yaya Beach Club since they offered an all inclusive that had a non alcohol offering....a rare opportunity at the all inclusives.