Come Say Hello! I Work On Independence Of The Seas!

CHRIS WONG

Hi cruisers!

For those of you who don't know me - I'm Chris from Liverpool, and I work in the duty free shops onboard Independence Of The Seas!

I'll be joining the ship on December 1st to start my new contract, and I'll be on the ship for at least 6 months! That means 5 months in the Caribbean, and 1 month in Europe!

Let me know if any of you guys will be cruising on the ship, and do say hello if you see me in the shops. We should get a photo together!

I plan to post content everyday on my social medias throughout this contract - so make sure to follow my ship life and see everything I get up to, both on and off the ship! I want to give you guys a true insight into what living/working on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship is really like.

My Instagram is 'ChrisWongVlogs' and my Facebook page is also 'ChrisWongVlogs'

Also, ask me any cruise related questions, and I will do my best to find the answers for you when I am onboard.

I can't wait to meet some of you guys!

39515004_10156485125359043_5413546753209139200_o.jpg

Hi Chris, I have been always wondering where the ship staff sleep and how their accommodation look like compared to guests. On which deck are their cabins? Does the captain get a better cabin than other staff? How long is each shift? Do they work 7 days a week? Are you allowed to post videos or photos of crew-only areas? It will be interesting seeing the "other side" of the cruising world.

So that means you are going to miss the special charter cruise on Nov 11th?  You know, the adult-only clothing-optional one that advertises special "play areas"?  You have to be really upset to be missing out on that one! ?

I'm so glad they sterilize the ship top to bottom between every cruise already...

3 minutes ago, NS8VN said:

So that means you are going to miss the special charter cruise on Nov 11th?  You know, the adult-only clothing-optional one that advertises special "play areas"?  You have to be really upset to be missing out on that one! ?

I'm so glad they sterilize the ship top to bottom between every cruise already...

Chris, I'm going to miss you by about 2 weeks.  We are on the cruise right after this one and hoping it will be deeply sanitized.  I'd sacrifice a later boarding to ensure this!

On 11/5/2018 at 3:08 AM, GoodSmith said:

Hi Chris, I have been always wondering where the ship staff sleep and how their accommodation look like compared to guests. On which deck are their cabins? Does the captain get a better cabin than other staff? How long is each shift? Do they work 7 days a week? Are you allowed to post videos or photos of crew-only areas? It will be interesting seeing the "other side" of the cruising world.

Our crew cabins are on Deck 1. As shop staff, I share a cabin with one of my fellow shoppees! Yes, the higher rank you are, the better cabin you will have. The captain has a very nice cabin, in which his wife will occasionally stay in as well.

We can be working up to 14 hours on a sea-day and up to 6-8 hours on a port day, and yes we work everyday.

I plan on posting a lot of content of the crew areas on my Facebook page, so make sure to 'like' me. Search for: ChrisWongVlogs

22 hours ago, NS8VN said:

Unfortunately, I will be missing this cruise. I'll have to ask my fellow colleagues about it when I join the ship. Sounds interesting to say the least!

16 hours ago, ang73 said:

Hi Chris!  

I've read your online blogs and they are really great!!  I'll be sure to follow you on Instagram and FB!   We'll be on Independence of the Seas for our first time Jan 3-7!  Look forward to meeting you!

Thanks Ang, you're awesome! I look forward to meeting you in the new year!

• 2 weeks later...