Adventure of the seas Sept 12 first cruise

Cruising solo can be a lot of fun.  I went solo on Quantum of the Seas and I think the key is to keep yourself immersed in onboard activities.  Seek out lots of the events and be friendly and open to meeting new folks.  

Although I have never cruised solo, I can't imagine ever being bored on a cruise. We love traditional dining at a large table so we usually have new friends from the first night. CC's roll call & "Meet and mingle" are also a good way to get to know some people on your cruse even before you Board the ship then in person on board.

We've been on Adventure 3X (#4 will be be February 2016) and she's a great ship (OK could use a little lipstick and mascara here and there but...) and each time the staff has been excellent.   Trust me there are TONS of things going on all the time.  I'm kind of a "lazy" cruiser when on ship but there was always stuff going on.  Even if you don't want to participate there's a lot of entertainment in watching others!  My suggestion is what I was told on my first cruise.  Read your compass when you get if for the next day with a hi-lighter and mark the things you are interested in doing and plan your day accordingly.  (just make sure if you want a clean copy to keep to run down to Guest Relations that night to pick pick up a second copy because you WILL forgot to get it the next day!)