So you can enjoy something on us ?!?! WHAT?!?!?

That is what Carnival Corp. told their passengers on the Carnival Sunshine which sailed this week on a 5-day Caribbean cruise when it "Started to Tilt, Sending Furniture and Passengers Flying: 'It Was Pure Chaos'", by giving their passengers a $50.00 credit for the "inconvenience". Read the article: https://www.newsweek.com/carnival-cruise-ship-started-tilt-sending-furniture-and-passengers-flying-1196014

As @twangster would say, "another reason why I won't sail again on Carnival." Instead of re-naming your ships, get new ones from scratch!!

Morris and his wife Esther went to the state fair every year and every
year Morris would say, "Esther, I'd like to ride in that airplane."

Esther always replied, "I know Morris, but that airplane ride costs 50
dollars, and 50 dollars is 50 dollars."

One year Morris and Esther went to the fair and Morris said, "Esther, I'm
85 years old. If I don't ride that airplane I might never get another
chance."

Esther replied, "Morris, that airplane ride costs 50 dollars, and 50 is
dollars is 50 dollars."

The pilot overheard them and said, "Folks, I'll make you a deal. I'll take
you both up for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not
say one word, I won't charge you; but if you say one word it's 50 dollars."

Morris and Esther agreed and up they went.

The pilot did all kinds of twists and turns, rolls and dives, but not a
word was heard. He did all his tricks over again, but still not a word.
When they landed, the pilot turned to Morris and said, "By golly, I did
everything I could think of to get you to yell out, but you didn't."

Morris replied, "Well, I was gonna say something when Esther fell out, but
50 dollars is 50 dollars."

2 hours ago, Oliver said:

I’m not a Carnival fan at all. I don’t sail them.

But what else do you except them to do? You take a risk every time you board a ship. I’m sure it was scary and quite unpleasant but they don’t have to give anything.

It seems everyone today wants to be offended by something as well as get something for nothing - this is a perfect storm for that. If I remember the article it only lasted 1 minute of time before they were able to upright the ship again. It would have been scary yes but what else could they do. As you stated you take a risk whenever you step on anything mechanical including flying. It happens...and that's all I am have to say about that.

image.png.da900e3abe0229916c16f72e9ba7d77d.png

1 hour ago, Tim B. said:

It seems everyone today wants to be offended by something as well as get something for nothing - this is a perfect storm for that. If I remember the article it only lasted 1 minute of time before they were able to upright the ship again. It would have been scary yes but what else could they do. As you stated you take a risk whenever you step on anything mechanical including flying. It happens...and that's all I am have to say about that.

image.png.da900e3abe0229916c16f72e9ba7d77d.png

Soon I guess we will expect refunds from the airlines for heavy turbulence 

15 hours ago, Oliver said:

Soon I guess we will expect refunds from the airlines for heavy turbulence 

I had some heavy turbulence coming back from Miami a little over a week ago that had the flight crew sitting down most of the journey. When I landed I thanked the flight crew and walked off. Couldn't have imagined whining about it and asking for compensation but I am sure there were some that did just that.

42 minutes ago, Tim B. said:

I had some heavy turbulence coming back from Miami a little over a week ago that had the flight crew sitting down most of the journey. When I landed I thanked the flight crew and walked off. Couldn't have imagined whining about it and asking for compensation but I am sure there were some that did just that.

I’ve read that pilots always wonder why passengers freak out about turbulence. Apparently turbulence is a pain in the butt, but there has never once been an incidence where a plane has crashed due to turbulence. It has happened that people get hurt if they aren’t strapped in properly but nothing happens to the plane. Of course having said that, I have to admit I don’t like it at all and get nervous myself. It’s just physiological I guess 

On 11/14/2018 at 10:02 AM, Oliver said:

I’ve read that pilots always wonder why passengers freak out about turbulence. Apparently turbulence is a pain in the butt, but there has never once been an incidence where a plane has crashed due to turbulence. It has happened that people get hurt if they aren’t strapped in properly but nothing happens to the plane. Of course having said that, I have to admit I don’t like it at all and get nervous myself. It’s just physiological I guess 

I guess it's because almost no one alive knows how does it feel when a plane is about to fall and crash. The sudden feeling of falling caused by turbulence is all that you need to get nervous. 

On 11/15/2018 at 5:16 PM, carlosalonsor said:

I guess it's because almost no one alive knows how does it feel when a plane is about to fall and crash. The sudden feeling of falling caused by turbulence is all that you need to get nervous. 

I’ll put it in perspective. Most times in turbulence, you move less than a foot. I’ve flown before when I lost over 100 feet in about 5 seconds. Coupled with the fact that we were at 500 feet AGL, that is what falling out of the sky and crashing feels like. They were lucky they found the seat cushion after that one. 

That said, though, I totally get why people don’t like turbulence, and I’m no great fan of it either. 

Now a ship listing like Carnival suddenly and that severely....

19 hours ago, bigpete said:

Add this to the thread:

A friend of mine is on the CCL Pride and there is an engine problem...

They can only make it to one port in 7days because they can barely move. They were offered $50 credit and apparently a “free cruise”. It seems as if $50 is their sweet spot. 

Wow --- Baltimore is a long way away when there's engine problems .... Makes me wonder if there will be a delay with Sunday's boarding.

• 1 month later...