gratuities

dimysmith

Yes, prepaying gratuities before cruising is the best way to go. I usually prepay 60 days out so that I don't have a huge credit card bill after the cruise. If you don't prepay, the gratuity is automatically added to your on board at midnight every day. If you set up your on board account with your credit card everything you buy on board will be charged against that credit card. The other option is to NOT have a credit card on the account. Then you get to stand in a very long line at customer services and pay your bill before you will be allowed to disembark, and that can take some time (not fun) I strongly recommend setting up your on board account with a credit card. You can also track your daily charges on the tv in your cabin.  :27_sunglasses:

Luckily for those of us booking through the Australian website, gratuities are included in the cruise price so we don’t see them. Drinks have an 18% automatically added “for our convenience” when purchasing drinks.

i prefer this to having to the previous way of having to pay them separately.