Riverboat cruises .... any desire to do one?

I would do one when I’m elderly. Not trying to offend any senior citizens on here. But I think they are mainly geared for a population that isn’t very active. As long as I’m able to be more active, ocean cruising is more my thing. 

But I’m interpreting your meaning when you say “riverboat” to be the paddle wheel boats that go on the Mississippi. If you mean river cruises in Europe, that a whole different deal.

33 minutes ago, Oliver said:

I would do one when I’m elderly. Not trying to offend any senior citizens on here. But I think they are mainly geared for a population that isn’t very active. As long as I’m able to be more active, ocean cruising is more my thing. 

But I’m interpreting your meaning when you say “riverboat” to be the paddle wheel boats that go on the Mississippi. If you mean river cruises in Europe, that a whole different deal.

Either one whether it's in USA or Europe. I've done both and you can tell the cultural difference.

River cruises in Europe also tend towards an older crowd. My in-laws have done several, both in their late 60s / early 70s when they went, and from the photos they showed us everyone was around their age. I've also heard the boats tend to shut down early, not really anything in the way of late-night entertainment or activities.

On 11/1/2018 at 11:19 AM, princevaliantus said:

What has been your experience on a riverboat cruise if you've done one, OR, ever thought of doing one??  Any thoughts?

The Jungle Queen in Fort Lauderdale is nice. There's an event g one with a meal which is very nice. Shows where some of the rich and famous live. Think there's also a daytime one but just cruise only.