Cupcake Decorating Class

Steph215

Hello Everyone!

I'm interested in booking the cupcake decorating class for my upcoming cruise on Anthem. However with the $30 price tag I just want to make sure that I won't only be decorating 1 cupcake. I've cruised before and have seen people walking around with a single cupcake and have assumed it was for this class but i wanted to check to see if anyone here has taken the class before and what it entails.

My younger daughter did this class on Freedom back in April. At least for her class, which cost $35 rather than $30, they did indeed decorate a single cupcake. Technically speaking, they were given two cupcakes in the materials, but one was cut and positioned on top of the other using frosting as they were making a "pup-cake" for the final product. Here's a picture of the not-quite finished product (just missing some final piping around the base to make the last bits of fur and the tail):

3BC3EF7B-D6E9-4AA8-8125-37EB1CE5C718.thumb.jpeg.c7bcb3742d5a70984ae7bc3fbc33bbc5.jpeg

The class itself goes for about 30 minutes, and you're given all the raw materials (icing, piping bag, cupcake, decorative candies, etc.) to make the final product. Staffers from the cupcake shop were there and walking everyone through each step, but if you wanted to go "off script" they wouldn't stop you. My daughter, artist that she is, decided the look of the final product that they'd been shown wasn't to her liking and instead made her pup-cake into more of a Pomeranian than a poodle. ?

For Freedom, the class was held at the cupcake shop they have on board. I'm assuming that for Anthem it will instead be held in La Patisserie since that's the ship's bake shop.