Beverage package question

Cavancruz

From what i have seen (and this is common in land based bars too) ordering a shot costs the same amount as the shot + mixer.  For example a Kraken n Diet is the same price as ordering a shot of kraken.  With that being said a Shot of Kraken and a Cup of Diet coke ordered separate would be more than the drink.  So in the example of having the refreshment package it wont necessarily save any money buying the shot and getting the "included" soda in the package.

23 hours ago, Matt said:

You could order a shot of some sort of alcohol after ordering a non-alcoholic beverage. Depending on the shot, the price can vary but probably in the $7-8 neighborhood.

21 hours ago, marti314 said:

From what i have seen (and this is common in land based bars too) ordering a shot costs the same amount as the shot + mixer.  For example a Kraken n Diet is the same price as ordering a shot of kraken.  With that being said a Shot of Kraken and a Cup of Diet coke ordered separate would be more than the drink.  So in the example of having the refreshment package it wont necessarily save any money buying the shot and getting the "included" soda in the package.

It is not worth it if a drink has more than one shot of something in it.  But a Kraken Lava Flow for example, would cost you $7.95 plus 18% grats if you had the refreshment package vs. $12-13 without.  So not a huge savings but still some.

Yes I’m considering packages too. Currently they are 52/person/day which seems really expensive. The soda package that I have is only 85 for the week for one person so spending another 700 just on alcohol seems extreme. Hoping that the price drops so that the price makes sense over purchasing them without it. 

9 hours ago, Sh2738 said:

Yes I’m considering packages too. Currently they are 52/person/day which seems really expensive. The soda package that I have is only 85 for the week for one person so spending another 700 just on alcohol seems extreme. Hoping that the price drops so that the price makes sense over purchasing them without it. 

We were considering also, and opted for Deluxe Package as in addition to alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails it includes the premium coffees and freshly squeezed juices. I'm having easily three cappuccinos and 2-3 juices a day, so that would be already a 30$ bill right there. And not even starting here on cocktails and beers ?

On our Norwegian cruise next November their drink package is $89/day and that does NOT include bottle water or specialty coffees.  They don't even have a non-alcohol version.... AND to make matters even worse...they have Pepsi products!

That would be $1,246 for hubby and me for drinking and there is NO way I'm doing that.  Needless to say, this will probably be our first and last Norwegian cruise.  

24 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

@whitsmom, I'm surprised they didn't have the Free at Sea** offer going when you booked, where you could have gotten the drink package included in your booking fare. Seems like that promo is always going; it's worse than the perpetual BOGO50 on Royal's site!

** FREE except you still pay that gratuity charge based on the full package price.  

But dollar for dollar, if you compare face value price for what they charge for the Free at Sea options it's one of the best free choices on NCL.  

Royal does have the far superior drink package offerings since it includes the fresh juice, specialty coffee and bottled water.

However, NCL does have the option to purchase cases of water for a reasonable price to have left in the room.

50 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

@whitsmom, I'm surprised they didn't have the Free at Sea offer going when you booked, where you could have gotten the drink package included in your booking fare. Seems like that promo is always going; it's worse than the perpetual BOGO50 on Royal's site!

They did; however, you still have to pay 20% service fee.  We opted for 3 person free (3 cabins with 3rd person free) and specialty dinners.  As we are taking our daughter, son-n-law and all 5 grands just made better sense.  The bottled water and specialty coffees are where I would spend the most anyway and they aren't even included.  I think we can take two bottles of wine with us per cabin but I will have to check to be sure.  As my oldest Grandson is 22, we will be able to carry on 6 bottles of wine.

22 hours ago, whitsmom said:

They did; however, you still have to pay 20% service fee.  We opted for 3 person free (3 cabins with 3rd person free) and specialty dinners.  As we are taking our daughter, son-n-law and all 5 grands just made better sense.  The bottled water and specialty coffees are where I would spend the most anyway and they aren't even included.  I think we can take two bottles of wine with us per cabin but I will have to check to be sure.  As my oldest Grandson is 22, we will be able to carry on 6 bottles of wine.

Well, I just looked and the Drink Package is now $99/day