Dining Package Resevations

Boltswin

We have the ultimate dining package on the Symphony group cruise over thanksgiving. I know we have to make our reservations once we’re on board, but was wondering if we’d have better luck making the reservations with the Diamond lounge concierge or at one of the specialty restaurants. We made mock reservations in the cruise planner today and not many times available online. 

Congratulations on getting a dining package of ANY kind on a holiday sailing.  None are available on our Thanksgiving Navigator Cruise.

I haven’t found the Concierge particularly helpful in getting reservations when the availability is already limited but you have just as good a chance with them helping you as you do of getting difficult reservations on your own. If it were me, I would go straight to a specialty restaurant or the specialty restaurant kiosk, once you board and if you are still not satisfied with you times, ask the Concierge for help but I wouldn’t hold my breath.   Don’t think they have any particular influence on dining reservation times they are just able to do it for you based on what is available.

21 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Congratulations on getting a dining package of ANY kind on a holiday sailing.  None are available on our Thanksgiving Navigator Cruise.

He booked it eons ago before RC pulled the plug on holiday sailings.  

On 10/27/2018 at 3:51 PM, Boltswin said:

I know we have to make our reservations once we’re on board, but was wondering if we’d have better luck making the reservations with the Diamond lounge concierge or at one of the specialty restaurants.

In the past, there has been a dedicated spot to make reservations. On Harmony, there was a desk set up near MDR.

I'd say you can always go to any specialty restaurant and they can book you any other specialty restaurant. When you board the ship, glance over at Guest Relations and if line isn't too long, hop on.

21 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I haven’t found the Concierge particularly helpful in getting reservations when the availability is already limited but you have just as good a chance with them helping you as you do of getting difficult reservations on your own. If it were me, I would go straight to a specialty restaurant or the specialty restaurant kiosk, once you board and if you are still not satisfied with you times, ask the Concierge for help but I wouldn’t hold my breath.   Don’t think they have any particular influence on dining reservation times they are just able to do it for you based on what is available.

I followed Matt’s advices and booked it as soon as I saw it was available. Figured I could always cancel and rebook if the price went down. I’ll start at the specialty restaurant and hopefully be able to get close to what we’ve penciled out. If no luck then we’ll try the diamond lounge concierge. 

22 minutes ago, Boltswin said:

I followed Matt’s advices and booked it as soon as I saw it was available. Figured I could always cancel and rebook if the price went down. I’ll start at the specialty restaurant and hopefully be able to get close to what we’ve penciled out. If no luck then we’ll try the diamond lounge concierge. 

Well, double congratulations then !  I'm truly surprised they did not cancel it and refund your money to you.  Enjoy it !!!

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

Well, double congratulations then !  I'm truly surprised they did not cancel it and refund your money to you.  Enjoy it !!!

I’ve been waiting for that to happen as well. As of Saturday it was still showing in our cruise planner. Won’t be surprised if once we get on the ship we find out there are no dining packages available and that it was an error. If that happens we’ll just book a few specialty restaurants we haven’t been to be for and roll with the punches. Luckily we’ll also have MEI on board with us to help fight the battle if needed.