Bringing food aboard

Baligirl

I am going on TA cruise to Miami, and am not flying home but going to family in Miami after the cruise for a couple of weeks, family members have requested food items bought over to them from the Uk, things like, tea bags, chocolate, crackers, popadums, crisps, all new in their original packets, so am I able to take these in a case and store them in my cabin until I get to Miami or will they be confiscated either on the ship or at port, they will be in a suitcase. 

I’ll preface by saying multiple cruises but only one previous on Royal so their rules might be different.  The typical response would be packaged food in its original and sealed package is usually fine.  It sounds like you were considering changing packaging and that would more than likely cause an issue.  Since you also mentioned multiple items, the quantity might also cause a problem.  But if you have only a few snacks in their package it seems like it should be fine.

In my experience, RC does not seem to be concerned with food you bring onboard.  I've brought food for our kids on embarkation day without issue many times.  I even bring food back from Mexico (sealed chips) on multiple occasions.

It's really booze that RC cares about being brought onboard. 

In terms of food brought off the ship, fruits and vegetables are the biggest no-no.

• 2 weeks later...