The Newest Entertainment Activity on Royal is.... Fencing?

12 minutes ago, 4ensic said:

Psst, buddy.  Wanna buy a new excursion?  It fell off a truck.  Ten cents on the dollar.

Now do those above a certain class of accommodations get both foils and sets of protective gear?  

When a pinnacle fences with anyone lower, the pinnacle gets the foil and head gear, the opponent gets a 12" wooden ruler.

10 hours ago, kontraxed said:

If RCL is going to introduce new on-ship excursions - how about the .50 cal pirate shoot? You get 200 rounds of .50 cal and whoever sinks the most Somali pirates - wins a prize!

RCL doesn't offer it but there is a "pirate hunting cruise" that operates in that area of the world, read about it a couple of years ago ... for a lot of money you get a boat with a crew of former soldiers and they take you out to try and get "attacked" ... im guessing travel insurance costs a little more for that cruise.

5 hours ago, JLMoran said:

OK, now as a college fencing veteran I have to ask -- will they have proper supplies of not just foils, but epees and sabers as well? I mean, I'm 6' 3" tall, fencing with a foil was never an option for me! ?

Agree with the epee but I doubt they would do the Sabre.  While I liked it, some of the slashes really can sting (and leave a mark) more then when scoring with the foil and epee.  I think RCCL might get some bad reviews that people got hurt and it wasn’t pleasant, not to mention some funny marks visible as people are walking around in their bathing suits!

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Hockey on the mini ice skating rink.  No need to skate, just shoot the puck!  Might turn more into a dodge ball like thing... dodge puck.  

Like the Martin Brodeur commercial (Statefarm or Enterprise, can't remember). They're just peppering him with pucks. AH!!!! Rccl could actually have a hockey goalie as a celebrity cruiser and passengers could take shots on him in exchange for a donation to one of his charities. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2018 at 10:42 PM, Baked Alaska said:

Like the Martin Brodeur commercial (Statefarm or Enterprise, can't remember). They're just peppering him with pucks. AH!!!! Rccl could actually have a hockey goalie as a celebrity cruiser and passengers could take shots on him in exchange for a donation to one of his charities. 

OMG, I love that commercial - Marty is hysterical!

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:37 PM, Baked Alaska said:

Headed to Blues / Blackhawks game this  Saturday. May have to quietly root for Chicago. Blues are playing like el crappo.

Noooooo I come here to forget about how terrible they are this year after being hyped up all offseason.

3 minutes ago, Kyle_cardinalsfan51 said:

Noooooo I come here to forget about how terrible they are this year after being hyped up all offseason.

They won that game and a few others after that, but....

Hopefully, the Lou will get one of the two  MLS expansion teams. I have hope for the Cards. Blues, nope.

Just now, Baked Alaska said:

They won that game and a few others after that, but....

Hopefully, the Lou will get one of the two  MLS expansion teams. I have hope for the Cards. Blues, nope.

Last nights game was rough against Detroit. I think the MLS chances are very good, especially with private funding its a no brainer. New stadium will be good for Union Station area, although something needs to be done with old EDJ dome. Just sitting there all sad and empty (DO NOT mention XFL...). Cards...ask me after the offseason lol huge fan but its going to be a lot more of the same if we don't address some glaring issues in pitching and middle of the order.

But before everyone starts hating the new guy for turning this into a STL sports post...FENCING! Always wanted to give it a try. Little odd of a choice to add, but if available I'm on vacation so why not?