Mariner of the Seas October 22 - October 26, 2018

Bamboo room was a bust on this cruise....its not going to stay viable for long in its current status...

It was dead...drinks were terrible...some were charged extra here for drinks and some weren't (all had the drink package)......none of us EVER finished a drink here...or better  to state that none of us had more than 1-2 sips before leaving them and going elsewhere...

It's too bad..its got a cool feel and vibe...but it was defn a miss for this cruise at least.

All the drinks we had were the drinks from the menu and none were pre-mixed.....and tasted terrible.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Surprised to hear you say that @monctonguy simply because every other review of Bamboo Room has been overwhelmingly positive

all it takes is an inexperienced bartender to ruin it for everyone.  That's like a chef....you can have the best dinning experience at a venue only to return under another chef and have the worst.

I had drinks 3 times in Bamboo room. All were the "included in the package" ones. Mainly because the more expensive ones didn't look appealing.

But I agree, that I didnt finish any of them because they were "ok" at best.

I never saw more than 4 or 5 people in there at any time and mostly were people at bar waiting for drinks to take elsewhere, like me. 

But, this was my first RC and didnt know what to expect in Bamboo room.

I just preferred my Petron Margaritas I drank most of the trip..

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Surprised to hear you say that @monctonguy simply because every other review of Bamboo Room has been overwhelmingly positive

Yeah..I was pretty excited for it too..must have just been the cruise I was on....but yes, defn a bust. Empty and dead and terrible drinks....no one wanted to go or stay there...its too bad.

Playmakers was a hit.....although it may have been more about the World Series being on there than anything else...but the drinks and food were both good there and a cool place to hang out for sure.

5 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Yeah..I was pretty excited for it too..must have just been the cruise I was on....but yes, defn a bust. Empty and dead and terrible drinks....no one wanted to go or stay there...its too bad.

Playmakers was a hit.....although it may have been more about the World Series being on there than anything else...but the drinks and food were both good there and a cool place to hang out for sure.

I agree. Playmakers was fun