Tattoo's At Sea?

56 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Virgin Voyages announced that they will have a Tattoo Studio on their ship. If RCCL had this, would you get one done onboard? See article below:

https://cruisefever.net/new-cruise-line-will-have-a-tattoo-studio-on-their-first-ship/?fbclid=IwAR3HJeOLi_KNEsPD1nO_a7N3hfoNWlGT5TI_QKPKijHdFqxylaogd0_wBAQ

No thanks...i'll pass.

Bad enough getting them on dry land never mind a ship that could be getting tossed about in strong waves. 

Interested to know what will happen if the ship visits ports where getting tattoo's is illegal, will studio have to close while in port? 

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

Interesting.  After getting a tattoo you can't go in water for several weeks due to the risk of infection.  For that reason I've always considered a new tattoo and cruising to be incompatible.  I suppose you don't have to go swimming or use a hot tub on a cruise, but that's no fun.  

Also meant to keep in covered up and out of the sun 

I personally hate tattoos but I heard that 40% of all people between 20 and 40 have them now so Virgin is obviously done their research and there is a market for it.

On my last cruise in July out of Miami on Mariner, I saw tattoos all over the place. It’s just what people do now. 

The thing is what twangster stated you can't go into salt water for days after getting it, unless it is Bamboo (I believe), thus it is not compatible with cruising.

They are going after the millennials, and I wonder how long this model will last.  I think he should name the ships Frat Party of the Seas.  Bachelorette's Aboard of the Seas, etc.  

Oh, can you imagine the medical dept with those that did not heed the warnings of no salt water, no sun, etc.?  

PS I did see this on tv a few months ago with Sir Richard being interviewed,  I was shocked that he really believes he can do this, but let's admit back in the late 80's Virgin Air was thought to be a silly idea too.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Interesting.  After getting a tattoo you can't go in water for several weeks due to the risk of infection.  For that reason I've always considered a new tattoo and cruising to be incompatible.  I suppose you don't have to go swimming or use a hot tub on a cruise, but that's no fun.  

I actually wrote about this on my site the other day and pointed out the same thing.  I suspect they'd be busier at the end of the cruise once people are done going in the water.  On the flip side of that: sunburn.  I reminded myself of two things though: 1) Tattoo shops on the beach in S FL seem to do well with tourists.  2) Many folks (myself included) often go an entire Caribbean cruise without going in the water.

FWIW, I'd def avoid the hot tubs and pools as well.  Between bacteria, chlorine, and the heat (of hot tubs) it'd be unpleasant.  Know how your skin is really sensitive after a sunburn?  Same deal after a tattoo - no way I'd get near a hot tub within a couple days of getting another tattoo, even if it was fresh/totally clean water.

All of this in mind, I'll be tempted to add it to the "tried that" list when I sail VV.