Hubbard glacier tour

ScooterScott22

Hey all, new to the boards here but not new to cruising.  Planning our second RCCL next May in Alaska.  Looking for some feedback on an excursion listed on the excursion page but not on the ships excursion.  

There is a Hubbard Glacier boat tour (HG03) that was mentioned on another thread with a link.  Followed the link and I clicked the “show me cruises with this” button and our cruise was listed.  It would be the Hubbard day which is technically cruising.  If you view the excursions pages for our cruise there is not an option for that day.  The only items available to view are the actual port days.  Other than calling, is there a way to get more info on this excursion for our itinerary?  Do you really get up close to the glacier?  (I assume not too close for safety reasons but considerably closer than the ship.)

Welcome to the message boards!

You may have seen my post on this excursion.  I booked it but sometime before sailing Royal cancelled it.  

Having now completed that cruise I am glad I saved the money.  I'm sure it's very cool to be just a little closer, but seeing what we did from the ship was pretty awesome.  

See my live blog from that day here.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/9160-not-so-live-blog-radiance-of-the-seas-alaska-southbound-83118/&do=findComment&comment=83677

My video would probably only have caught some of the action from a small boat.  One benefit of being high and back a little was the ability to take in the entire face of the glacier: