Sushi Class and Bottomless Galley Brunch

PG Cruiser

I can’t speculate about the Bottomless Galley but they were definitely hocking the sushi class on Grandeur a couple of weeks ago.  If it were me, I would wait until you get onboard and take your chances of getting a bargain.  It’s a lot of fun and you get to eat what you make so there’s a lot of food !

My husband has done the sushi making class on two different ships.  Both were booked on board, and neither offered a discount for the class.  But on Adventure they did offer us 50% off if we came to Izumi that night for dinner. 

It's totally worth the price - you get so much food.  If you paid a la carte for the same amount of sushi it would cost a lot more.  There was so much food on Adventure, they told us in advance to have family members not participating in the class be available to help eat it afterwards. 

On 10/22/2018 at 10:51 PM, KathyC said:

My husband has done the sushi making class on two different ships.  Both were booked on board, and neither offered a discount for the class.  But on Adventure they did offer us 50% off if we came to Izumi that night for dinner. 

It's totally worth the price - you get so much food.  If you paid a la carte for the same amount of sushi it would cost a lot more.  There was so much food on Adventure, they told us in advance to have family members not participating in the class be available to help eat it afterwards. 

Currently have it in my cart for my Jan 2019 Anthem cruise, but don't know who will eat it with me... DH won't touch it, younger DD isn't coming, might get older DD to eat it if I just tell her it's fish, which she likes...but she can't have seeds or raw vegetables, so will have to make my own modifications.

2 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

Currently have it in my cart for my Jan 2019 Anthem cruise, but don't know who will eat it with me... DH won't touch it, younger DD isn't coming, might get older DD to eat it if I just tell her it's fish, which she likes...but she can't have seeds or raw vegetables, so will have to make my own modifications.

We had three people take the class, 5 people eat the food...and there was still leftovers.  LOL 

20 hours ago, bcarney said:

@RatedPG, my wife and 11 year old son will be taking the sushi class on Serenade as well, with my daughter and I watching.  It's the one scheduled towards the beginning of the cruise. If you're taking that class pop by and say hello!

Bill

Looks like we're in the same class...

223651532_ScreenShot2018-10-30at9_08_19AM.thumb.png.66e472e2977ceceb646a23e2fd308b1b.png

Here to report my husband did it AGAIN on Serenade and it was great.  There was less food than in his two previous classes, one roll less.  But they did give him a pink adult beverage that the others did not.  There was only seven people in the class.  I popped in at the end, and ordered a drink while he finished.  

I am thinking of doing the sushi class with my sister on Symphony because she likes making her own sushi but she is a vegetarian but loves vegetarian sushi. 

Are there modifications that can be done so she can eat the sushi? Or would she only be able to participate and not eat?

Thanks. 

45 minutes ago, Sh2738 said:

I am thinking of doing the sushi class with my sister on Symphony because she likes making her own sushi but she is a vegetarian but loves vegetarian sushi. 

Are there modifications that can be done so she can eat the sushi? Or would she only be able to participate and not eat?

Thanks. 

She can ask for more vegetables to put into her sushi and hand roll.  I did not eat my finished product at the venue.  I ate it in my stateroom that night.  So I don't think they will keep her from participating even if she may not eat her finished product.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 4:02 PM, KathyC said:

We had three people take the class, 5 people eat the food...and there was still leftovers.  LOL 

We're on a 12 night, & I actually modified the date to be earlier (originally had it 2 days before debarkation, now it's 3 days), so that I can hopefully bring the leftovers back to my room for later snacking ?