Talking your way into buying only 1 drink package while onboard

bcarney

Has anyone managed to talk their way into getting a drinks package while onboard, with Diamond discount, without having to purchase one for their spouse?  We're sailing on an 11 day, and the price for the 2 of us is about 1/3 of the total cost of the entire cruise itself.  There's no way my wife would come anywhere near to breaking even, and she doesn't drink soda.  I know some staff may have more flexibility than others, so I'm curious whom I should talk to and suggestions as to what I should say.

Thanks!

I know this won't solve the entire problem, but maybe you could buy a package on board just for the last few days of the cruise.  You won't get the pre-cruise discount, but you might make up for it by not having to buy it for the entire 11 days.  You guys could save up all your drinking for the last few days, then go out with a bang. ?

There is always the possibility that they will put the Drinks card on sale during your sailing. That may be enough to cover the drinks that your wife would have.
Though there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to which sailings they tend to sell them on so could be pot luck.