Adventure Ocean -Kids Club

jgiardulli

Hi Everyone.  Travelling on our first cruise on Indy - March 2019.  My wife and I are bringing our only child -boy who will be 7 as we cruise.  Hearing great things about the Adventure Ocean Kids club.  My questions are:

1) Is this something we would book on the cruise planner ahead of time (I would imagine space is limited)

2) Can we book him in there for a hour a day or are we married too having to leave him in there for full or half days?  Any help or shared experiences would be appreciated.

17 minutes ago, jgiardulli said:

Hi Everyone.  Travelling on our first cruise on Indy - March 2019.  My wife and I are bringing our only child -boy who will be 7 as we cruise.  Hearing great things about the Adventure Ocean Kids club.  My questions are:

1) Is this something we would book on the cruise planner ahead of time (I would imagine space is limited)

2) Can we book him in there for a hour a day or are we married too having to leave him in there for full or half days?  Any help or shared experiences would be appreciated.

1 No You Can Not Book Adventure Ocean Ahead Of Time Or On The Boat You Just Show Up With Your Kid And Sign A Form 

2 You Can Leave And Pick Him Up When Ever You Want And Adventure Ocean Is Complementary Fleet Wide  

16 hours ago, jgiardulli said:

As long as AO is open, you can drop in for as little as much time as you like. The only restrictions are AO's operating hours.

At sea: 9am - noon; 2pm-5pm; 7pm-10pm (10pm-2am has hourly cost)

In port: Same hours, but while in port AO is open continuously through sailaway at which point it resumes the "At Sea" schedule.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

As long as AO is open, you can drop in for as little as much time as you like. The only restrictions are AO's operating hours.

At sea: 9am - noon; 2pm-5pm; 7pm-10pm (10pm-2am has hourly cost)

In port: Same hours, but while in port AO is open continuously through sailaway at which point it resumes the "At Sea" schedule.

The last cruise we went, my son did not like AOC but I might try again this time. Does AOC has snacks and water for the kids during those hours?

Just now, Susie said:

The last cruise we went, my son did not like AOC but I might try again this time. Do AOC has snacks and water for the kids during those hours?

There is water but no snacks.  They will feed kids who are left over meals on port days.

I think it is a good idea to try again.  My kids have been on ships where they loved AO and only once have they not.  It is somewhat dependent on who else is in there and the personalities on that sailing.  

1 minute ago, melski94 said:

There is water but no snacks.  They will feed kids who are left over meals on port days.

I think it is a good idea to try again.  My kids have been on ships where they loved AO and only once have they not.  It is somewhat dependent on who else is in there and the personalities on that sailing.  

Thank you for the info. I do not plan to leave him there long anyway. Might be 2 hours in the afternoon so we can enjoy the solarium pool. Of course, if he would like to stay then he can stay.