A few questions about my upcoming Thanksgiving cruise

Susie

My Cruise will be on November 17 - November 25 with Anthem of the Seas. I booked late so I cannot reserve i-fly and North star and also no dining package available to reserve online because of a holiday sailing.

My questions are

1. Does Royal IQ apps work right away once I get onboard? So I can reserve i-fly and North Star.  

2. Better to wait in line at Beleros to reserve i-fly and North Star or use Royal IQ apps.

3. Does any dining package offer during a holiday sailing?

4. For anyone that did yoga classes. Do they good and worth the money?

I might have more question later but these what I can think of for now. Any suggestion for sailing Anthem OTC welcome because it is the first time I will be on her. 

TY in advance

49 minutes ago, Susie said:

1. Does Royal IQ apps work right away once I get onboard? So I can reserve i-fly and North Star.  

Yes but I'd advise you to book it now via the Cruise Planner site. Those activities book up FAST

2. Better to wait in line at Beleros to reserve i-fly and North Star or use Royal IQ apps.

Book it online if you can. Regardless, book as soon as possible in whichever strategy you use

3. Does any dining package offer during a holiday sailing?

Nope

Any suggestion for sailing Anthem OTC welcome because it is the first time I will be on her. 

Check out this first timer's guide to Anthem: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/04/12/first-time-cruisers-guide-royal-caribbeans-anthem-of-the-seas

@Matt thank you for the info. I cannot book any of activity like i-fly and North Star online at all. It doesn't show up.3 weeks ago, I also sent an email asked RC about it. The replied email stated that online booking for my sailing already close and suggest me to book it when I onboard.

1 hour ago, Susie said:

@Matt thank you for the info. I cannot book any of activity like i-fly and North Star online at all. It doesn't show up.3 weeks ago, I also sent an email asked RC about it. The replied email stated that online booking for my sailing already close and suggest me to book it when I onboard.

If you're lucky, and the conditions are right sometimes you are able to get on the royal-wifi in the terminal.  Jump on as soon as you can ?

3 hours ago, mworkman said:

Were 90 days out and still nothing in the entertainment & activities section to book. It's always remain a mystery to me when the drop those for booking.  Seems like they do it further out for the Oasis class, but everything else is subject to day to day guess. ?

I think there is no pattern to it.  This past summer, I heard of OA class bookings that did not open up until very close to sail date.  My Anthem cruise in March, entertainment opened up well over 150 days in advance.  I cannot confirm, but I have heard that it sometimes depends on the actual CD team and when they release the schedules.

Since no one answered your yoga question...I'll chime in on that one.  I do weekly yoga at home, and have done it on Harmony and Adventure.  Yoga will only be as good as the instructor is for that class.  If you attend yoga now, expect differences between poses you know and don't know.  Different styles call some poses by different names.  The make up of the class will be of varying levels, so don't expect anything more than a beginner level.  Of course the instructor will offer experienced attendees to modify the posts as necessary.  That was what we did.  I modified each pose to my level.  On Harmony we chose yoga on the beach (Labadee) and it was fun.  It was super hot that day, so instead of the beach we went into one of the bar areas in the spa section of the island.  Very peaceful, overlooked the water, and was shaded!  ? 

5 hours ago, mworkman said:

Were 90 days out and still nothing in the entertainment & activities section to book. It's always remain a mystery to me when the drop those for booking.  Seems like they do it further out for the Oasis class, but everything else is subject to day to day guess. ?

Yep, I checked almost every day since the day I booked for when I can reserve the i-fly and North Star but it had never been available. After they told me the booking is closed for online then I didn't check anymore. It is disappoint ?

2 minutes ago, Susie said:

Yep, I checked almost every day since the day I booked for when I can reserve the i-fly and North Star but it had never been available. After they told me the booking is closed for online then I didn't check anymore. It is disappoint ?

Tagging @twangster.  When he sailed Anthem for a B2B he was able to grab a time at Boleros.  I know he mentioned it in his Anthem live blog.  Maybe go back to the live blogs and see his recap on the experience or perhaps he can shed some light here on it.

1 hour ago, KathyC said:

Since no one answered your yoga question...I'll chime in on that one.  I do weekly yoga at home, and have done it on Harmony and Adventure.  Yoga will only be as good as the instructor is for that class.  If you attend yoga now, expect differences between poses you know and don't know.  Different styles call some poses by different names.  The make up of the class will be of varying levels, so don't expect anything more than a beginner level.  Of course the instructor will offer experienced attendees to modify the posts as necessary.  That was what we did.  I modified each pose to my level.  On Harmony we chose yoga on the beach (Labadee) and it was fun.  It was super hot that day, so instead of the beach we went into one of the bar areas in the spa section of the island.  Very peaceful, overlooked the water, and was shaded!  ? 

Thank you for the info. I cannot do extream exercise because a limitation of my health so Yoga is a better fit for me. Definitely, I am a beginner for Yoga. How long the class (30 minutes)? Glad you got a nice class on Labadee.

43 minutes ago, Susie said:

36 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Tagging @twangster.  When he sailed Anthem for a B2B he was able to grab a time at Boleros.  I know he mentioned it in his Anthem live blog.  Maybe go back to the live blogs and see his recap on the experience or perhaps he can shed some light here on it.

Yep.  As soon as I boarded I went down the stairs right there and found the box office staff set up in Bolaros.  No problem getting iFly and North Star reservations.  

On 10/20/2018 at 12:22 PM, twangster said:

Yep.  As soon as I boarded I went down the stairs right there and found the box office staff set up in Bolaros.  No problem getting iFly and North Star reservations.  

Thanks, @twangster Wish me luck and will get to Boleros ASAP when we there. Happy your next sailing.

5 hours ago, Susie said:

Thank you for the info. I cannot do extream exercise because a limitation of my health so Yoga is a better fit for me. Definitely, I am a beginner for Yoga. How long the class (30 minutes)? Glad you got a nice class on Labadee.

Our class on Labadee was 60 minutes.  On Adventure I think it was 45.  There was no charge for that class, so it may have been shorter for that reason.  

10 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Day 87 Still no Activities or Entertainment... ? this would be a great way to start a pool...guess the date of releasing Activities and Entertainment on Anthem. ?

I can reserve the show (the gift, We will rock you and Spectra) but not activities like North Star and iFly. Of course, anything needs to pay money still available and get an email reminding me to buy them every day. ?

• 2 weeks later...