Savory Bites

HeWhoWaits

On Grandeur this month, I asked about savory bites at dinner on departure night. I got a completely blank stare from both our waiter (forgive him, it was his first cruise with RC) and assistant waiter.

Fortunately, the Head Waiter knew what I was talking about and arranged for me to have them every night for the rest of the cruise. I would have been happy to see 5 or 6 each night - the number was 14 or 15 each night!

Apparently, savory bites is no longer a standard bread selection - no new introductions to the delicacy.

Yes, they've been quietly disappearing from all of the ships.  I really don't care for the changes to the "breads" selections.  They used to come around with a whole basket of different bread options, then it went down to having a selection of only a few (which never changed from night-to-night as they used to) all the way down to having a couple of arbitrary choices placed in a basket on the table on some cruises.  I miss the wide variety of bread options that they used to offer.