Cruise List based on Day of the Week (Departure)

PG Cruiser

Unless I'm not understanding the use case (which is possible), I'm not sure how helpful this would be, as unless it's a ship that is consistently doing 7 night sailings (which usually leave on Sat or Sun), it may not be too useful as you'll be coming back on a different day.  I suspect that based on the question, you're looking for something that starts and ends on a given day - but let me know if I am wrong as there are a few interesting sites out there.  CruiseTimeTables.com is interesting in that you can go to any port on any day and see what ships are sailing out, but it's only for one day at a time.

Just now, Baked Alaska said:

To illustrate my query, which ships depart out of any east coast OR Florida port, 5 to 7 nights, on Fridays, from May through June? 

Gotcha.  No way that I know of to do this.  I actually tried making this happen a couple years ago with some trickery and another website but didn't get anywhere.  I think this is one of those times we can speak to the value of a travel agent who will spend lots of time figuring it out ?

The reason I posted this question was because the day(s) is more important to me than the dates.   I would like to see a list of cruises that sail say, "Monday to Saturday"  or "Friday to Friday".  I wonder why Royal (Carnival, I think) would not even place the day next to the date to help prospective guests with their search.  Right now, I always have a calendar open on one of my other devices just so I know what day a date falls on.  Am I making sense?  (Sorry, English is not my native language)

Generally 7 day sailing depart Saturday & Sunday, some ships do alternate 6/8 night sailings with the 8 nt departing Saturday and the 6 nt departing Sunday.  

3/4 day alternating cruises tend to depart Monday/Friday.  There is a 4/5/5 rotation that has the 4 nt departing Thursdays and the 5 nts on Saturday or Monday.  Then there are longer cruises so there are a lot of possibilities.  I agree it would be nice if you could pick a range of days and a range of dates because there are so many possibilities.

@RatedPG, for what it's worth, during the months when Anthem is sailing to Bermuda, those are alternating 5-night (Bermuda) and 9-night (CA/NE or Bahamas) sailings. The current 5-nighters all leave on Saturday, while the 9-nighters depart Thursday.

From my observations, if a ship isn't sailing 7-night itineraries, it's alternating back and forth between either 3- and 4-night, 6- and 8-night, or 5- and 9-night options (where the total is always a multiple of 7). So once you've figured out the day of the week for one such itinerary, you know it's the same day for all other sailings of that itinerary, plus the same day for the alternating one.

Only time I see the pattern get semi-wonky is when the ship is doing short seasonal cruises, like the three open jaw CA/NE fall foliage sailings on Adventure in September and October that alternate between 10 and 11 days for north- and south-bound, and total to 21 days; a repositioning cruise; or a TA/TP.

31 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

So once you've figured out the day of the week for one such itinerary, you know it's the same day for all other sailings of that itinerary, plus the same day for the alternating one.

Only time I see the pattern get semi-wonky is when the ship is doing short seasonal cruises, like the three open jaw CA/NE fall foliage sailings on Adventure in September and October that alternate between 10 and 11 days for north- and south-bound, and total to 21 days; a repositioning cruise; or a TA/TP.

I get what you're saying.  But in my case, I'm just too lazy to figure things out.  I like seeing things at a glance.

I like how Norwegian and Carnival present information.  Notice how with one click you see the days, dates, and even the pricing for the stateroom types.  It will take several clicks on the Royal site to get that info.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-23_at_1_36.24_PM.thumb.png.99a0f234e0fc772d3186bfcc6737a2ae.png