Snorkeling off the Beach

Bigred

As we near our upcoming cruise I have booked a few excursions as placeholders and figured I would come to the discussion boards to try and figure out what is the best option for snorkeling from a beach. We are traveling Harmony of the Seas Nov 3-10 to Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel. We are in our late 20's (27/28) without children. 

So far we have booked a beach bed on Labadee, and the Playa Mia Deluxe Beach Break booked through RC. We don't plan to leave the ship while in the port of Falmouth, haven't had great luck in Jamaica

So, my question is which is better for snorkeling from the beach Labadee or Cozumel? I am willing to cancel the Playa Mia excursion to go with a different AI or even Non AI, such as Nachi Mr. Sanchos or Playa Palancar, but we want to be able to have decent snorkeling. Additionally, with us having no children is going to Playa Mia a mistake as we would like a somewhat quiet beach day. 

Thank you all in advance!

It is my experience that the snorkeling in Coz is very good and the snorkeling at Labadee is "meh".  I would definitely plan on sticking with the plan you have (snorkeling in Coz).  Where you go in Coz is a different question.  I have not been to Playa Mia so I cannot comment on that.  While I have been to both Mr. Sanchos and Nachi, I did not snorkel at either. I also concur with your decision to stay on the ship at Falmouth.  I think you've done a very good job of researching your trip and personally, I'm not sure I would make any changes !  Have a great time.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It is my experience that the snorkeling in Coz is very good and the snorkeling at Labadee is "meh". 

Agreed.

A good strategy is to test out your equipment and/or scuba techniques in Labadee, but go for the real deal in Cozumel.

Playa Mia does not have great snorkeling.  They have created "Mayan ruins" to bring in some fish but is isn't great.  In general, I think Cozumel has better snorkeling off of a boat.  If you really want to go from a beach, you should look at trip advisor for more ideas.  

Book Mr. Sanchos at www.shoreexcursioneer.com and save $5 per person. https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/cozumel/mr-sanchos-all-inclusive.html

Shore snorkel is not good at Mr. Sanchos or Nachi. Highly recommend the excursion they offer that leaves directly from the property. Again, use Shore Excursioneer and save about $10 or $15 over what they charge if you buy it at the beach. https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/cozumel/snorkel-mr-sanchos-beach-club.html

If you're looking for an experience with a number of options (from food/drink, to music, snorkeling, etc) then go with one of the all/partially inclusive spots.  If you're looking for the most beautiful diving that Coz has to offer, go to the "far side" (E side) of the island.  It's rustic, but you'll find bars and such that have loungers and whatnot (some of them on generator power, using tanked/shuttled water).  Much nicer beaches - more similar to those in Cancun.