Water

kande87

I have been successful bringing an unbroken 12 pack of soda in cans and an unbroken 8 pack of water in bottles on embarkation day. On each occasion I carried them in a plastic grocery bag and affixed a luggage tag to it. They showed up at the room with the rest of the luggage.

I have also put an 12 pack of soda in my suit case and as you might imagine I was summoned to the naughty room to retrieve my bag. They did however allow me to keep the soda once it was inspected and proven not to be alcohol.

Honestly, I am genuinely suprised when it shows up at the cabin.

We did this on Freedom.  You should pack it in your carry on luggage.

Officially, the rule is you cannot.  But my wife did and she put it in the checked luggage.

The bag never was delivered to our room and we got a voicemail to come pick it up.

The X-Ray machine saw the bottles so they had to open the bag in front of me and inspect it.  When they saw it was water, they gave me the bag and the water.  

We did this on Freedom.  You should pack it in your carry on luggage.

Officially, the rule is you cannot.  But my wife did and she put it in the checked luggage.

The bag never was delivered to our room and we got a voicemail to come pick it up.

The X-Ray machine saw the bottles so they had to open the bag in front of me and inspect it.  When they saw it was water, they gave me the bag and the water.

I agree, the same thing happened to my wife.

But Don raised a good point, you'll have to carry it around the ship for the day. Not Sure if that's worth it either.

I do not like buying soda & water on board because of the pricing. And I do not like the taste of the soda package fountain drinks. I'm a can or bottle guy. Seems the soda machine drinks always taste like something else other than the drink you selected. And the machines are always not working.

Usually at the first port, while getting off, I ask, "if we buy soda and/or water at the port, will we be allowed to bring it on board. We have been told yes (but, we don't over due it). A 6 or 12 pack and a couple large bottles of water. I think if any of it had been opened they would take it.

The main thing they do not allow is bringing alcohol on board, especially in water bottles. That would cut into their revenue source.

They plan on making just as much on the liquor, pictures, and gambling as you paid for the cruise. If you mess with that, they stop you.

To get around that, drink as much as you want off the ship at the port. A lot of excursions include drinks.

Also, you can have in your baggage or carry on up to 2 bottles of wine when you board. They say no alcohol. How they think wine is not alcohol is beyond me???? It says right on the bottle, alcohol.

The best thing is just don't do it, or ask before you do it. That way there are no surprises and no one is embarrassed.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife doesn't like the soda onboard and actually prefers Coke Zero, which very few of the bars have. We ended up buying a 12 pack at our first port stop, Bergen, Norway, and didn't have any trouble bringing it on the ship. However, we went in knowing that they could seize it and we were willing to lose the $4 or $5 if that was the case.