How often is the Aqua show (Fine line) cancelled due to rough weather

bcsmith

We are sailing on the Harmony of the seas on January 6.   I have just pre-booked all of the entertainment shows.    Because we want to see all of the shows we are not getting to the fine line (the aqua show) until the third (and last night) that it is on.    I am wondering how great a risk this is...  I have read that this can be cancelled because of rough seas a lot during the first night ... I am hoping that this is rarely cancelled on the third night .. but want to know if this is true.   Thanks

Since there is only one show in the aqua theater during the night (the rest of the night they might show a movie or something like that) if they will cancel the show on one day they will add another show on the other days.

Your best chance is to book it for the first night and if it will canceled you can catch one of the other days , most of the times you do no have 7 nights with rough seas.   

Welcome to the message boards.  I would strongly suggest that you try to see the aqua show before the last showing.  What you read is correct.  Some of the divers and aerialist perform from very high heights and they won't take chances with their safety.  Every sailing on Oasis class that I've been on, the show has been cancelled at least once during the sailing due to winds.  We always try to make that one of the first shows that we see.

When panning our Oasis sailing for last year, I read somewhere to try to book the aqua show for the very first day of the sailing.  Reasoning behind it was that the seas are usually the calmest near port and seeing the first show the first night was the best chance of not getting rough waves once completely out to sea.  Whether or not it's true...I don't know.  But we booked the first show and saw it.  Since this was a year ago now I can't remember if any of the other performances were canceled or not.