First Night Done Right

jgiardulli

So I just booked the "First Night Done Right" dining option for our (first ever) cruise in March on Indy.  It worked out great as sail away day is actually my wife's birthday.  I originally had 6pm seating in my cart, but it sold out before I could execute the purchase (who knew)...Anyway we've booked a 5:30pm seating now and I'm just curious if I should move it to 6:30pm...Would I be missing something special during the first hour or so as we sail off (welcome party or something like that)...Since this is our first cruise I'd hate to miss something cool while getting ready for an early dinner in our room.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:56 AM, jgiardulli said:

Thanks @Matt....Is there typically a sail away party or something we shouldn't miss in the first hour or so?  We are travelling with our 7 year old son, so the earlier dining time works in that regard - especially for specialty dining, but just wanted to make sure we weren't missing out on any cool experiences.

There is a sailaway party that is right after muster drill.  Unless you're eating dinner at like 5pm sharp, you should have plenty of time to party and then change and go to dinner.  

• 2 months later...

I am sailing Indy in March as well.  We have sailed on Celebrity (which was our first cruise back in 2007), Jewel of the Seas (2007) and Liberty of the Seas (2007).  This will be the first time we take our daughters with us.  It's a surprise cruise for their spring break so as of right now they have no idea they are going:-).  From my experience, it doesn't matter what time you select because once you board, and they put the notification of your reservation in your cabin, it will tell you what your reservation time is anyway.  Happy sailing!