How to get that "YOU'RE GOING ON A CRUISE" feeling before a cruise

As experienced cruisers, you must know what I am talking about, that "YOU'RE GOING ON A CRUISE" feeling/vibe/energy before the cruise begins. 

For me, packing is what get's me excited, and I tend to look at pictures from past cruises as well to get me in the zone and mentally prepare me for what's to come.  

What do you and your cruising friends/partners/family do to get into that awesome & excited vibe before the cruise begins?

4 days ! WOW !! You should be WELL into your happy zone !!

I'm sure you've started packing. We usually just put our suitcases out on a bed in the spare bedroom and start throwing things in their general direction. I don't do any real packing until the very end...although you pretty much ARE at the very end !

Also, it's fun to start buying your airplane snacks. Since you're flying from CA then you'll have a nice, long flight. Start buying your little snackeroos....that's fun.

Have you got your dining options and excursions all lined up ? Hopefully by now you do.

What else ??

4 days ! WOW !! You should be WELL into your happy zone !!

I'm sure you've started packing. We usually just put our suitcases out on a bed in the spare bedroom and start throwing things in their general direction. I don't do any real packing until the very end...although you pretty much ARE at the very end !

Also, it's fun to start buying your airplane snacks. Since you're flying from CA then you'll have a nice, long flight. Start buying your little snackeroos....that's fun.

Have you got your dining options and excursions all lined up ? Hopefully by now you do.

What else ??

Thanks! Yeah 4 days, I am very excited. I do have my excursions & dining options all set up, I think i've done just about everything needed before we leave. 

Yes I will have a very long day of flying, so I am hoping to get everything packed up by tonight so I can rest and relax a couple nights before we depart. 

Same for me, I have most of my stuff spread out on the bed & some in the luggage. Just need to make sure I don't get over the 50 lb limit, since I will be packing 2 bottles of wine as well. That and my dress clothes probably weigh the most!

I have a countdown clock on my smartphone.  You can load any event(s) and use a picture as a wallpaper.  We embark on Enchantment in 19 days, 2 hrs, 20min as of right now.  It tracks down the days, weeks, months, hours, minutes, seconds and milliseconds.  Crazy!  I am getting ready to pack now as well.

I have a countdown clock on my smartphone.  You can load any event(s) and use a picture as a wallpaper.  We embark on Enchantment in 19 days, 2 hrs, 20min as of right now.  It tracks down the days, weeks, months, hours, minutes, seconds and milliseconds.  Crazy!  I am getting ready to pack now as well.

Is it an app that you use? That sounds cool, I might to check it out for my next trip!

The days leading up I don't think of the cruise much, way to frantic getting all my ducks in a row. Long days at work, preparing the house, getting the pets taken care of, making sure I got everything packed.

I'm pretty frantic up until I have a coffee in my hand and am on the way to the airport, nothing left to worry about, aahhh...peace.

The days leading up I don't think of the cruise much, way to frantic getting all my ducks in a row. Long days at work, preparing the house, getting the pets taken care of, making sure I got everything packed.

I'm pretty frantic up until I have a coffee in my hand and am on the way to the airport, nothing left to worry about, aahhh...peace.

I know exactly what you mean Jerel.  There are lots of obligations (work, home and otherwise) to clear before you have that vacation feel.  Several years ago we started hiring a service to take us to the airport.  We live in a very large metroplex, 45 minutes away from the airport, and parking at the airport is $20 a day.  We realized it is really cheaper to hire a car service.  They drop you off at the gate and are waiting for you when you return as well.   So nice!  Then, you are really on vacation the second you leave the front door, with no worries of traffic, tolls, hauling luggage to and from a remote parking site, etc.  Way worth it.

But this time we can drive to the port - a first.  Removing the hassles and cost of flying has made a big difference.

I tried the countdown clock but found it underwhelming - didn't move fast enough. I like researching the ports, reading the message boards, and listening to Matt's amazing podcasts to pass the time. When it gets close to the cruise it's pretty hectic finishing up at work, packing, getting to the port, and checking in. I get that "I'm going on a cruise feeling" only after I step foot on the deck of the ship and get that feeling of relief knowing that I can relax and enjoy myself for the next week.

75 days!

I have been using the "Ship Mate" app... pretty neat... it tracks all past and upcoming cruises (dates, itineraries, etc.). So much info and data is available through this app.  Every ship and cruise line is there... deck plans, photos, video feeds (if avail)... customer feedback and personal photos posted.  It actually will show you where any ship is at this moment in the world via map (hybrid, satellite, etc)... very cool!

Also can set it up to track changes in fares... I don't strictly rely on this, but it's been accurate so far (I get e-mailed when the fare lowers)... Liberty appears to be entering NY harbor right now... soooo cool!  Allure is in the Med near Corsica and Sardinia!

75 days!

I have been using the "Ship Mate" app... pretty neat... it tracks all past and upcoming cruises (dates, itineraries, etc.). So much info and data is available through this app.  Every ship and cruise line is there... deck plans, photos, video feeds (if avail)... customer feedback and personal photos posted.  It actually will show you where any ship is at this moment in the world via map (hybrid, satellite, etc)... very cool!

Also can set it up to track changes in fares... I don't strictly rely on this, but it's been accurate so far (I get e-mailed when the fare lowers)... Liberty appears to be entering NY harbor right now... soooo cool!  Allure is in the Med near Corsica and Sardinia!

Not a bad app, it been playing with it a bit today