Honeymoon Cruise

Bigred

Hello All, 

I have been reading the blog for a few months and its really helped me with tips and tricks for my upcoming Cruise in Nov (Harmony of the Seas). So, Thank you to all who have contributed to these boards and Matt the site has been a big help!

My Fiance and I are trying to plan a honeymoon for next Sept/Oct (Getting married in April but work contracts dictate Vacation time starting in July). I think we have finally decided on taking a cruise, neither of us are new to cruising or RCCL (Both C&A Platinum). We are trying to figure out where to Cruise, we think we have it narrowed down to 2 places; Mediterranean or Alaska out of Seattle RT. We are both in our late 20's and like a little bit of adventure with equal parts R&R. We are not really the beach going type so we figured these two locations would fit our needs/wants. I have read a few Live Blogs for both and am still have a tough time deciding.

Any Pro's Cons for either is appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

My vote would be the Mediterranean, but most of them are usually very port intensive, so if you have never been and you want to see all of the sites there would not be a lot of R&R.

I have never been to Alaska but my friends that have been say it is very relaxing and the shore excursions can be as adventurers as you want.

Alaska would  be a relaxing cruise and lots of sightseeing tours, however, the weather can be iffy that late in the season. If you go then, take flannel shirts, warm jacket and a hat. It is definitely something everyone should see at least once.  

We are actually going on a Mediterranean  in 12 days and it looks like the weather will be ideal and the crowds are certainly down at this time of year. This will be our first in that part of the world so I can't really comment other than say I am super excited.

Even though I haven't been on the Mediterranean cruise yet,  it would be super romantic for a honeymoon so that's my vote for what it's worth.

• 2 weeks later...