Random Drinks Price Drop

Thetechie

On 10/9/2018 at 11:34 PM, Thetechie said:

Just logged into the Cruise Planner and there was a price drop on the Deluxe Drinks, as well as the Deluxe Drinks combined with VOOM  1 device for my March cruise! Scored the combo pack for $57/day. Hoping for an even better sale on black friday, but I am happy with this price for now!

I got the combo on sale for my Serenade sailing later this month for...are you ready for this...$47 a day!  The cheapest it had been before that was $50 a day.  The drink package is selling for $39 a day, so with the combo my 1 device surf & stream is a whopping $8 a day.  I still don't believe the price! 

I don't want to horrify anyone, but I got my Deluxe Drinks + Voom package yesterday on sale for $91.08/day. Granted, that's AUD, but it was around $99AUD/day a few weeks ago, so I grabbed it!

That's the price we pay for having a weak dollar against USD at the moment. I did save over $100 on the last pricing, so I'm happy!

6 hours ago, RatedPG said:

Do they do price guarantees?

No, but you learn to check obsessively like most of us do. Once/if the price becomes lower than what you've paid, you cancel and rebuy. No issues. I know $18 for Refreshment is good. I don't know about your Voom per day. Either way it goes lower, cancel and rebook.

6 hours ago, RatedPG said:

For my 11-Night cruise on the Serenade, I got the Refreshment Package for $233.64 ($18/day base price) and VOOM Surf + STREAM Voyage Package - 1 Device for $175.89.  I hope those were good deals.  Do they do price guarantees?

Every time Matt posts there is a sale, go to your cruise planner and check your prices on everything.  Voom, drinks, excursions, meal plans...you can cancel and re-book at lower price up until 3-4 days before your sailing.  Keep in mind it may take a week for the refund to show up, while the new charge shows up immediately.  So depending on the timing, you may see an unexpected higher credit card bill if your statement period closes before the credit is applied.  

8 hours ago, RatedPG said:

For my 11-Night cruise on the Serenade, I got the Refreshment Package for $233.64 ($18/day base price) and VOOM Surf + STREAM Voyage Package - 1 Device for $175.89.  I hope those were good deals.

$18/day on Refreshment Package seems to be the lowest anyone has seen it in recent memory. Doesn't hurt to keep checking the price as the sales rotate through, but unless they find they're not selling enough of those packages I wouldn't expect it go any lower.

The VOOM package is $15.99 per night, which is basically the "normal" rate. How far away is that cruise? The last month or two, Royal has been selling VOOM for 40-50% off onboard rates for close-in sailings, with a 1-device price of $11.99 per night on those promos. Definitely keep an eye out for that.

16 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

How far away is that cruise? The last month or two, Royal has been selling VOOM for 40-50% off onboard rates for close-in sailings, with a 1-device price of $11.99 per night on those promos. Definitely keep an eye out for that.

About five weeks away (November 19) ... definitely keeping an eye out for more discounts.

2 minutes ago, RatedPG said:

About five weeks away (November 19) ... definitely keeping an eye out for more discounts.

Oof, you'll just miss the Black Friday sale, then. Hopefully they'll have an internet package sale with one of those deep discounts in the next few weeks.

I got a Refreshment package for $18/day/person for both me and my hubby and I think that is the best you can get. However, the VOOM Surf + STREAM had never been lower than $15.99 ? My sailing is 11/17 (36 days) not sure can get lower or not. Does RCL ever do Halloween sale? ?

Thanks @Matt Friday link. RCCL probably does Black Friday again this year but I will be on Anthem OTS during Black Friday. I kind of wait for the Black Friday sale to book Cruise for April  (Easter 2019) so might need to go to the next cruise to book when I onboard. Does it normally start on Black Friday or a week ahead? LOL I wish spooky sale or something come out like Black Friday 30% off. If I can get 30% off everything I will change Refreshment to deluxe dring package in a heartbeat. 

On 10/10/2018 at 4:56 PM, twangster said:

Drink package prices vary by sailing, dramatically.  More so region to region.  Where are you from and what ship?  

We are on the west coast, in Washington State. We will be cruising out of Miami on Navigator for a 9-night southern caribbean

On 10/11/2018 at 6:56 PM, KathyC said:

I got the combo on sale for my Serenade sailing later this month for...are you ready for this...$47 a day!  The cheapest it had been before that was $50 a day.  The drink package is selling for $39 a day, so with the combo my 1 device surf & stream is a whopping $8 a day.  I still don't believe the price! 

That's a great deal! I'm going to keep watching for that!