Luggage tags

26 minutes ago, Sioux Hockey said:

Going on our first cruise ever, Freedom of the Seas Dec. 23-30 and am wondering when can I print my luggage tags? I've already updated my "Set Sail Pass." Oh and we're using the luggage tags that Matt recommended! ?

Mine showed up around 50 days before the sailing.  They came with the Cruise Documents via email

1 hour ago, Sioux Hockey said:

Going on our first cruise ever, Freedom of the Seas Dec. 23-30 and am wondering when can I print my luggage tags? I've already updated my "Set Sail Pass." Oh and we're using the luggage tags that Matt recommended! ?

Welcome to the boards, @Sioux Hockey! As @RatedPG noted, they show anywhere between 45 and 50 days before you sail date. In addition to getting them via email, you can get them directly on the web site. After you log in and your Dashboard loads, you can click the "View More Details" link in the lower left; doing that expands the section to show your room number and a link to your eDocuments once they become available.

601943261_HowtovieweDocs.thumb.jpg.e79cd0801eede2332725799b500441fb.jpg

293463742_HowtovieweDocs2.thumb.jpg.42388a7148d8fc7d3ad2d06ba4e0dab4.jpg

On 10/9/2018 at 12:31 PM, Rebecca Ann said:

What's the best way to affix the luggage tags to your bags? Being as you just print them off on paper, I feel like they will rip right off. 

I print them off on my home printer.  Fold as directed and they happen to be the exact size of clear shipping tape.  Pull off a strip long enough to cover both back and front of the tag.  Paper punch one end and attach with a zip tie.  You only need them to get to your cabin, so spending a bunch of money for something that will be thrown away immediately doesn't make good sense to me.  Bon Voyage!!

1 hour ago, WHStoneman said:

... so spending a bunch of money for something that will be thrown away immediately doesn't make good sense to me...

I have several reason why I use the plastic luggage tag holders:

1.  I can hold on to them during my flight to the port and easily attach them to my luggage before boarding the ship.  Mishandling by airport baggage handlers can mess up the paper tags.  I would hate the hassle of attaching those paper ones at the airport or at the dropoff point at the cruise terminal.

2.  I've read stories of cruisers' paper luggage tags being soaked up and rendered useless by rain on the way to the terminal.

3.  I want to keep one of my luggage tags as a souvenir from the cruise.  The plastic holders are a good way of storing or even displaying them.

I'm in the purge mode as we prepare for downsizing.  No more stuff, even with more and more cruises coming up.  I print them at home, fold and use clear packing tape, then when leaving the hotel for the port I ask the front desk for a stapler and attach then.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 12:31 PM, Rebecca Ann said:

What's the best way to affix the luggage tags to your bags? Being as you just print them off on paper, I feel like they will rip right off. 

Don't waste a whole lot of time, money or energy for something that can/will be ripped off as soon as you get to your cabin.  That is the ONLY thing they are needed for is to get your luggage to your cabin.  I print and fold as directed, pull off a length of packing/shipping tape and enclose the paper.  (tape is only to keep the labels dry)    Staple or punch a hole and use a zip tie to attach to your luggage.  Bon Voyage!!