My time dining

williebos

Yes, MyTime Dining is still done in the main dining room(s). Only difference is which part you'll be in. For ships with just one main dining room (all but Quantum, IIRC, but maybe some of the Oasis class ships as well), one or two floors of the dining room is used for traditional dining, while the other floors are used for MTD. Your specific deck for MTD will be noted on your SeaPass card.

On the Quantum class ships, where there are four separate dining rooms, two are reserved for traditional dining, while the other two are reserved for MTD. Which dining room you have assigned will again be noted on your SeaPass card.

17 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Not sure what ship you are on  but usually there are 3 levels to the MDR.  One level is for My Time Dining and the other two are set aside for traditional dining.

We will sail on the Allure with the American Icon reserved for MTD.

Some of our friends will be dining in say Silk. Will we be able to join them for dinner or vice versa?

3 hours ago, williebos said:

We will sail on the Allure with the American Icon reserved for MTD.

Some of our friends will be dining in say Silk. Will we be able to join them for dinner or vice versa?

The way to make sure that you dine together is to a) link your reservations b) everyone has to select either My Time Dining or Traditional.  As far as I know, you cannot jump from My Time to Traditional.  Someone else might have a different experience....

23 hours ago, williebos said:

Are you allowed to dine in any of the Mdr's even if you are on My time dining?

I believe your question is whether you can choose which MDR you want to use.  The answer to that question is “no”.  You are assigned one of the MDR based on whether you are My Time Dining or Traditional Dining.  If you are in Traditional Dining and don’t like your assigned location you can change that but you cannot arbitrarily choose where you want to sit.

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I believe your question is whether you can choose which MDR you want to use.  The answer to that question is “no”.  You are assigned one of the MDR based on whether you are My Time Dining or Traditional Dining.  

This is not good. If I want a chance of MDR I cannot even if I am prepared to wait for a table.

31 minutes ago, williebos said:

This is not good. If I want a chance of MDR I cannot even if I am prepared to wait for a table.

The menu is identical in all main dining areas.  The overall ambience is identical.  The only difference is sitting with the same assigned guests every night, served by the same wait staff at the same time every night.