Thermal Suite Couples Week Pass BOOKED ON CRUISE PLANNER!

12 minutes ago, yaya luvs to cruz said:

Won't let me reserve for our January 6, 2019 Anthem sailing. Restarted computer and even tried incognito. Grrrrr.

I only see it for one Oasis booking when I have Symphony and other Oasis bookings.  I think it's a test run, to gauge purchase trends.  

If it covered the week when ever I wanted to go, that would be great.  Instead it seems they are trying to control crowds so they can sell more passes but I find it too restrictive.  I called and confirmed, if you book a time, that is your time, no showing up later or earlier.  

2 minutes ago, yaya luvs to cruz said:

@twangster  Restrictive and ridiculous. Guess it was a blessing in disguise that I couldn't reserve. Hopefully, it will be changed before I sail.

I used to buy spa cabins on Carnival often.  I didn't go to the thermal suites every night.  I'd go maybe 4 of 7 nights.  I didn't live in there, I went often before bed for a few minutes.  It put me into total relax mode.  I've also bought spa passes at Vegas hotels.  

Consequently I have an idea how I might use this pass and it's not everyday at the same time.  Not on a cruise.  

10 hours ago, twangster said:

I used to buy spa cabins on Carnival often.  I didn't go to the thermal suites every night.  I'd go maybe 4 of 7 nights.  I didn't live in there, I went often before bed for a few minutes.  It put me into total relax mode.  I've also bought spa passes at Vegas hotels.  

Consequently I have an idea how I might use this pass and it's not everyday at the same time.  Not on a cruise.  

We did he spa suite and spa balcony on Carnival as well, I hate to say it but Carnival runs it the right way. IMO

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone who purchased the pass in the cruise planner had an opportunity to use it onboard?

The time slots appears to be unsettled dust as Royal figures this out.  Each time has limited capacity and once a few people buy that time it becomes unavailable for other's to purchase. 

Curious if anyone has pre-purchased it and sailed with it.  

@twangster When we were on Oasis I asked the spa desk about the spa package.  She said that it was best to purchase it once onboard because it wasn't showing up in there system so they didn't honor it which caused a lot of issues..fwit...I'm sure if I asked someone else on a different day I would probably get a completely different answer.

37 minutes ago, mworkman said:

@twangster When we were on Oasis I asked the spa desk about the spa package.  She said that it was best to purchase it once onboard because it wasn't showing up in there system so they didn't honor it which catalog of issues..fwit...I'm sure if I asked someone else on a different day I would probably get a completely different answer.

I've booked it for Symphony next week.  If it isn't honored you know I'll post about that ? 

The spas are operated by Steiner Leisure.  I wonder if they see this as Royal stepping into their onboard sales opportunities?

Do you recall how much it was on Oasis once onboard?

1 minute ago, twangster said:

I've booked it for Symphony next week.  If it isn't honored you know I'll post about that ? 

The spas are operated by Steiner Leisure.  I wonder if they see this as Royal stepping into their onboard sales opportunities?

Do you recall how much it was on Oasis once onboard?

I believe it was the same price $150.00 for couple and $99 individual and if memory serves me correctly i asked if there was a set time like you see in the online schedule that you had to abide by and she said you could come whenever you wanted like what you do on Carnival. However the have a certain amount that they sell as to not overload the facilities.

• 11 months later...
6 minutes ago, ncnickel said:

A lot of folks posted on here - what did people think? Also - I cannot tell - some things I've read said that the times are not restrictive; i.e., that one can show up at whatever time they wish, not just the times that they booked. Is this true?

True.  The time slot booked has no bearing on use, you may visit anytime when the facility is open.  

The value of the spa pass is in the eye of the beholder.  I'm not a huge spa person but do like taking advantage of certain features from time to time.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

True.  The time slot booked has no bearing on use, you may visit anytime when the facility is open.  

The value of the spa pass is in the eye of the beholder.  I'm not a huge spa person but do like taking advantage of certain features from time to time.  

+1. Just show up whenever you desire. The thermal area is just a nice place to decompress. . . And sweat. ?