My Time Dining for 2

Poleman88

15 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, most definitely.  When you get to there just ask for a table for 2.  We have never had a problem.

Thank you... I was wondering about the same thing.. My wife and I chose MTD on Harmony in Sept, 2019 and were hoping to get a table for 2..  Thanks again  

Just now, hooked-on-cruising said:

Thank you... I was wondering about the same thing.. My wife and I chose MTD on Harmony in Sept, 2019 and were hoping to get a table for 2..  Thanks again  

It would be a good idea to make reservations ahead of time.  If not, then like any land restaurant, there might be a bit of a wait.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It would be a good idea to make reservations ahead of time.  If not, then like any land restaurant, there might be a bit of a wait.

Thank you.. We will do that when we board.  We also informed our TA that we would like a table for 2.  If It turns out we have to wait a bit for a table we won't mind.. We are on vacation, retired and just happy to be onboard..  To use my favorite quote here.. "Just Soaking Up The Atmosphere"  ?

I use MTD exclusively when I sail solo and I always get a table for two by myself.  No wait at reservation time, unless the queue for guests with reservations had a few people in front of me, but then the wait is just for all of us to be reach the hostess and give our cabin number.  

Some of the tables for two are very close to each other so while you get your own table you may make new friends anyways.

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, New2thesea said:

What is My Time Dinning and what is the difference from the time they give you?

My Time Dining is an option for dinner in the main dining room, where you can pick a time to reserve or show up and grab first available table.

Here's some helpful info on My Time Dining: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/06/04/what-you-need-know-about-royal-caribbeans-my-time-dining

On 10/5/2018 at 6:00 PM, Poleman88 said:

If you choose My Time Dining, can you get a table for just 2 people?

We put in a preference for two but were assigned a four top the first night, though the others cancelled their reservation.  We had a four top by ourselves the other night (we only went to the MDR twice).   This was on the Allure, on the Enchantment we didn't have any issues.  Maybe it varies by ship, maybe by the crowd in the MDR on a particular night.   I'm sure you can get one, though you might have to wait longer for one to clear

If you make reservations for the same time every night, you can also request the same table every night (which means you get the same wait staff).  We just did this on Harmony of the Seas last week (party of 2).  On your way out of the dining room on night 1, stop by the maitre d desk and request a specific table.  

On 10/5/2018 at 3:00 PM, Poleman88 said:

If you choose My Time Dining, can you get a table for just 2 people?

You shouldn’t have much trouble getting a table for two, using my time dining. We’ve used it a few times and have always received a table for two. With that said, in our experience the tables for two are surrounded by other tables for two and very close together, about 8” apart. Very slim chance you’ll have a nice quiet separated table for two in the MDR. 

We did a cruise a year ago for our 25th anniversary and we did My Time Dining and requested a two-person table.  We ended up at the same table each night, next to the same people around us.  The second night we walked in, they asked us if we wanted to sit at in the same area as the night before.  Then that's just where they seated us each night following.  We didn't have to wait at all any of the nights and we just walked in.