Taking Izumi "To-Go"

Steph215

I purchased the 3 night dining package for my November sailing on Anthem but Izumi is not one of the restaurants I am planning on visiting using the package. I really want to try their sushi but I don't necessarily want to make a reservation to sit and dine. Is there any way to order food there and take it "to-go" to another place on the ship or back to my cabin or do I have to make a reservation to sit down and dine?

49 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

@Matt --- Didn't you do a piece on the "Izumi to Go" Feature...... To answer your questions @Steph215, I believe so, but Matt would know the details better than myself.

The "Izumi To Go" feature is something offered on ships like Freedom / Liberty / Independence that don't have an actual Izumi restaurant on board. It's a cart they wheel out onto the Royal Promenade for a couple of hours around lunch time, and it has pre-packaged sushi boxes that passengers can purchase a la carte.

We'll still need input from @Matt or someone else as to whether the actual Izumi sit-down restaurants and bar-style offering on Mariner offers actual take-out options.

1 hour ago, Steph215 said:

I purchased the 3 night dining package for my November sailing on Anthem but Izumi is not one of the restaurants I am planning on visiting using the package. I really want to try their sushi but I don't necessarily want to make a reservation to sit and dine. Is there any way to order food there and take it "to-go" to another place on the ship or back to my cabin or do I have to make a reservation to sit down and dine?

This link is from 2016 and calls Izumi express that means you order for to go https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/05/26/review-izumi-express-sushi-the-go

Not sure still do it or not.

Just now, twangster said:

@JLMoran will be sailing Anthem soon, maybe he will have time to drop by Izumi and ask.  

Good point! And I do plan to stop there for lunch one day, so I'll put a reminder on my phone to ask about that and have it fire each day at lunch time so I don't forget it. ?

On Brilliance I did Izumi to go a few times with the dining package. Same limits applied with the a la carte coverage limit ($35).

Did to go on Anthem as well just by walking up. However, on that sailing I was Star class.

Warning: Pictures or raw fish below...

From Brilliance 20180930_154546-1008x567.thumb.jpg.08aef682ca3875d7c422edf472699a33.jpg

20180930_154616-1008x567.thumb.jpg.b3a0a122c6d27a7b0cc1459ea275b16d.jpg

I see Brilliance was the Izumi Express option, so that's not surprising. AFAIK, it's all to go for that service.

Anthem is surprising, regardless of you being Star class. I'm definitely going to follow up on that now -- reminder is already set and I'll just keep hitting "Remind me again tomorrow" until the day I actually eat lunch there.

6 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I see Brilliance was the Izumi Express option, so that's not surprising. AFAIK, it's all to go for that service.

Brilliance's Izumi is a standalone venue. Just the branding for the bag was "Express".

My feeling is the to go option is common with the full Izumi. Just not something heavily advertised.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

They had the take out stand on Mariner in August.  I don't have photo evidence but we saw it a few times in various places on the Promenade.  Once they were even set up near the Deck 5 elevators, which I found odd.

High traffic area for greater visibility?  Izumi is somewhat tucked away on Mariner unlike Adventure where it's prime promenade real estate.

Remember some time ago Freedom setting a cart up outside of Sorrentos. Eventually I think the contents were moved to the cold display case. Not sure if it is still done, last time I was on Freedom was 2016.

One of the Oasis class sailings they setup outside of Windjammer.

The one thing to remember about the cart is everything is grab and go. Nothing was made fresh/on demanded.

15 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Remember some time ago Freedom setting a cart up outside of Sorrentos. Eventually I think the contents were moved to the cold display case. Not sure if it is still done, last time I was on Freedom was 2016.

On My Voyage In April On The Freedom The Cart Was Out Side Of Cupcake Cupboard  

12 hours ago, FlowBro Ty said:

On My Voyage In April On The Freedom The Cart Was Out Side Of Cupcake Cupboard  

Wait, when in April were you on Freedom? I was on her for the March 31 to April 8 sailing. Now I’m wondering if I maybe saw you when I hung out at the Flow Rider on the first Sea day.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:29 PM, Susie said:

This link is from 2016 and calls Izumi express that means you order for to go https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/05/26/review-izumi-express-sushi-the-go

Not sure still do it or not.

This was SUPER helpful, thanks! I hope that since Anthem has an Izumi that I will be able take advantage of this option!