Points rewarded if missed cruised?

Due to an unexpected family event, my wife and I will not be able to go on our cruise and we are way  past our date to cancel and get most of our money back.  If we don’t cancel and not show up will we still get credit for points towards diamond status? This cruise would have put us over to allow us to enjoy diamond status on our next cruise.

31 minutes ago, Jerry Viola said:

Due to an unexpected family event, my wife and I will not be able to go on our cruise and we are way  past our date to cancel and get most of our money back.  If we don’t cancel and not show up will we still get credit for points towards diamond status? This cruise would have put us over to allow us to enjoy diamond status on our next cruise.

Nope...only on cruises sailed...must be present to earn points.

I found myself in a position to miss a cruise a few months ago.  I was also in the 100% penalty phase and decided to leave the booking alone and just not show up.  Two reasons:

1. There was a chance that a hurricane or other event could cause the cruise to cancel.  If I cancelled before such an event, I'd lose out.  If Royal had to cancel, I might get something back.  
  2. Royal gave me no incentive to cancel so they could resell the room to another guest.  If I'm getting zero back, I might as well not cancel and just do a no-show so that they couldn't sell the cabin twice but give me nothing back.  

I did not get any points, I just walked away from that money but in my case the family event was worth it.

14 minutes ago, Wilmsta said:

I think if you cancelled would you be entitled to your tax, fees and port expenses back and also any pre-paid gratuities?

If you booked a cabin with refundable deposit rate you would also get your deposit refund back as well, but if you booked a cabin with the non-refundable deposit option then you would not get your deposit refunded. 

5 hours ago, Jerry Viola said:

If you cancel then you will not be able to earn points for that sailing because you were not present.

27 minutes ago, Larry Muster said:

If you had the insurance would that get you anything back? I buy the insurance on most cruises but I am not 100% clear on exactly what it does for me. 

If you had travel insurance and missed your flight and cruise, based on which travel insurance you had, you would be reimbursed based on the qualifying event. Your policy paperwork will explain this further. I was reimbursed 100% when I missed the cruise due to the snow blizzard which falls under trip interruption under the travel insurance I had at the time. 

In addition, if you used a credit card to pay for any travel, check with them to see if they offer any travel protection/insurance. If you don't have one that does, I would suggest in getting one as it is a free benefit many credit cards offer. There is no such thing as having too much insurance. 

1 hour ago, Larry Muster said:

If you had the insurance would that get you anything back? I buy the insurance on most cruises but I am not 100% clear on exactly what it does for me. 

Only if you buy CFAR coverage.  Cancel For Any Reason.  The insurance offered by Royal does not include CFAR.  

Any insurance policy has terms of covered reasons.  Death, illness, flight delays, etc. may be covered.  Missing a cruise for a wedding, graduation, etc. typically is not covered.  Each policy is different.  

2 hours ago, Jess said:

If you booked a cabin with refundable deposit rate you would also get your deposit refund back as well, but if you booked a cabin with the non-refundable deposit option then you would not get your deposit refunded. 

Past final payment due date refundable deposit does nothing for you.  A refundable deposit is only refundable before the final payment due date.